Hunting & Robbers

Esc

24 minutes ago, Macarroncito said:

How about... forcing the CK to those who have the audacity to go into unknown areas to rob armed people? Like those guys from the video previously linked where they were ran over by an off road Mesa. I'm sure that forcing the CK to people doing this would eventually put off some others from doing the same.

Or they'll just start showing up with more people or take advantage of the fact that the hunting rifle only does 20 damage and is inferior to any handgun in terms of rate of fire. It'll just be an easy way for throw away illegal characters to get into action packed gun fight scenarios. You really think people willing to indulge in this kind of roleplay have any type of actual development going on which would make them stay clear of a potential CK? They'll just namechange and continue their ways. Being extremely harsh and making examples out of people is the only way you'll deter anyone else from trying to repeat this behavior. Lenghty ajails for people with relatively clean records, bans for those with extensive ones.

Edited by Martyn
3 hours ago, orca112 said:
  • You can always say "report it when you see it."; Sure. That works. Especially the past few days, I have seen a bunch of admin punishments handed out for low quality (chain) robberies. But how can you be sure to be victim of a chain robbery and not a singular incident? At the end of the day, only the robber knows they steamrolled over 10 people in search for a PF gun. Effectively, maybe 1 out of 10 is reported and - if you are lucky - punished. Meanwhile 3+ new accounts registered  on the server to rinse and repeat the robbery meta.

An unsatisfying response it may be, but this is the immediate solution to the problem. Report it when you see it. We can look into what happened, and we can also try to see what happened before this. This comes up now because it is presently obvious with the forest/hunter robberies, but it can easily move to yet another area when something new is introduced there.

Generally there isn't enough risk involved in doing robberies.  There should be management supported discussion on adding more consequences/risk so it's not just "lol let's go rob some hunters".  Risk of CK, proper consequence for getting injured etc.  Also the VDM rule seems too restrictive.  In the video above, I see nothing wrong with the victim running him over.  He feared for his and his friend's life and acted quickly to stop it by putting his foot down.  Seems like a perfectly valid IC response.  We're slowly going down the path of just making more and more rules which lead to ever more reports and /b time.

Edit:  Actually I see the VDM rule was tweaked recently to allow if somebody's life is in danger, so that's already better 🙂

Edited by Paenymion
  • Upvote 1

Purposely robbing players that are seen to be carrying weapons should be against the fear RP rule, since the robber in most situations are aware that the player that they are trying to rob are 1) carrying a weapon with a high caliber that is potentially deadlier 2) there is a great chance of bodily harm to both players 3) no reasonable individual, would purposely go after hunters for their weapons.

I suppose it would be more acceptable to do it if the person is not openly carrying their weapon, it is more of a grey area then which is up for interpretation.

• Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, KevinFF said:

Purposely robbing players that are seen to be carrying weapons should be against the fear RP rule, since the robber in most situations are aware that the player that they are trying to rob are 1) carrying a weapon with a high caliber that is potentially deadlier 2) there is a great chance of bodily harm to both players 3) no reasonable individual, would purposely go after hunters for their weapons.

I suppose it would be more acceptable to do it if the person is not openly carrying their weapon, it is more of a grey area then which is up for interpretation.

This is definitely the key, the most important point in this matter. Something for admins to keep in mind whenever they see a report about people robbing hunters when they are hunting.

• Wuhtah locked this topic