Hunting & Robbers

Esc

8 minutes ago, Netsrac said:

My biggest problem with this is the fact that shit like this is gonna end up putting all criminal rp'ers into a bad light. Because what I saw in that video was just silly to me.

Is it possible to back up that recording? I suspect that once they realize the negative light of such a maneuver, they will be quick to delete it.

As a illegal character only player, I'll express my own concerns about this. I'll straight up say I find this /utterly/ ridiculous and a /terrible/ potrayal of illegal roleplay. Or just roleplay in general. Just like other statements beforehand no criminal would drive up to rob some random hunters in the /middle/ of nowhere. For some hunting rifles. Seeing videos of people getting robbed/robbing hunters makes me cringe internally, that's RP I'd expect on some public non-whitelist "RP" server and any criminal character going out of their way to do something like that just shows they have no clue how to properly RP.

But hopefully people realize not every illegal character roleplayer behaves like these script hunters.

Edited by BigSleezy

Honestly, I am not surprised. County robberies are already a "profitable" path to pursue for low quality robberies - one cannot be out in the open or nature without having to worry of getting ganged up on by some bicycle or 4 deep sedan rob squad. With the announcement of the hunting script the very thing I and many others suspected happened - just 2 days after the release of the script, first 911 calls about robberies or attacks on hunters have been recorded. Within less than a week, there are player reports for low quality robberies or DM on hunters and ultimately first DM montages or videos of gangs using the hunting rifle for hits and killings.

And honestly - despite the counter measurement of (only) 20 HP damage per shot using the hunting rifle - it is simply not surprising people still try to make a fortune by stealing and distributing PF firearms at the lowest roleplay quality possible whilst utilizing the robbery meta. It is one of these "Oh no, who could have thought that this would have happened..." with an ironic, monotone voice moments. The prevailing issue of low quality chain robberies has always been there. The meta has always been identified and shortly after, abused; blacked out, masked & BF400 - 4 deep sedans like the Torrence with 110% offroad capabilities to go on beaches, hills, off-road trails and other locations - copy/paste /me aims gun at head emote for instant win - eventually moving to the county with a less probability to be caught and a higher probability to snatch a PF gun - and now the hunters with a guranteed hunting rifle and potentially handgun to snatch. Let alone the fact that if something goes against them in the slightest, they will be the first to scream "(V)DM!", "Fear RP!" and similar.

Now the question is - how to do prevent these PF hunters, script robbers, robbery grinders or whatever you wish to call that type of player?

• You can always say "report it when you see it."; Sure. That works. Especially the past few days, I have seen a bunch of admin punishments handed out for low quality (chain) robberies. But how can you be sure to be victim of a chain robbery and not a singular incident? At the end of the day, only the robber knows they steamrolled over 10 people in search for a PF gun. Effectively, maybe 1 out of 10 is reported and - if you are lucky - punished. Meanwhile 3+ new accounts registered  on the server to rinse and repeat the robbery meta.
  • Making robberies just like home invasions with admin supervision only? Meh-ish. House invasions / robberies are neglected as the admin team has a lot of things to manage, let alone general reports from up to 1000 players on the server simultaniously. So this is not a potential long-term solution either.
  • Hard rules (safezones/no crime zones, "do not rob X in location Y", etc.); Tricky to implement and the potential to cause harm to those that actually put effort into their roleplay and robberies. The average low quality robbery player will find a new meta or way to circumvent set rules and continue the robbing grind.
Edited by orca112
52 minutes ago, orca112 said:

SNIP

It's simple, someone visibly carrying a firearm (Hunting rifle in this case) or open carrying a sidearm in a holster? You DON'T ROB THEM, it's literally a lack of fear. If your character is out to rob someone, you're looking for soft and easy targets. You're not going to rob someone who's decked out in camouflage with a long rifle and a sidearm on their hip. Bans should be issued to people who think this is okay.

Edited by Martyn

This type of roleplay, if you can call it that, lacks on so many levels that players participating in this type of thing clearly have no clue what roleplay is. The fact they report over what happened is enough evidence of this. They have the full (ICly known) M.O. of robberies (black clothing and helmets on (black) dirtbikes, they ride down that mountain and a drop/jump as if that wouldn't hurt them or hurt their balance. Honestly the Mesa driver is a hero, even IC, and it's a miracle the attempted robbers didn't get reported. Them crying wolf in /b shows how they expected no resistance in their pre-planned roleplay scenario.

Regardless, rules to counter this (and the concerns of OP) are already in place, it's called roleplaying fear and thinking about consequences, and honestly: common sense. You don't try and rob armed individuals, even less so when they already have their rifle and/or sidearm at the ready because they're hunting. Overwhelming them in numbers is not a way around it since you'd still easily catch a gunshotwound during, or one of your 'friends'. Moreover, gangbangers don't go out of the city, they should live off of crimes of opportunity, one would think going out in the great unknown (upscale areas and even moreso the county) isn't even a thing they would realistically do.

These people need to be reported and the staff team need to deal with this according to existing, adequate rules.

2 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Is it possible to back up that recording? I suspect that once they realize the negative light of such a maneuver, they will be quick to delete it.

Done.

Edited by Triple Seven
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, orca112 said:

Honestly, I am not surprised. County robberies are already a "profitable" path to pursue for low quality robberies - one cannot be out in the open or nature without having to worry of getting ganged up on by some bicycle or 4 deep sedan rob squad. With the announcement of the hunting script the very thing I and many others suspected happened - just 2 days after the release of the script, first 911 calls about robberies or attacks on hunters have been recorded. Within less than a week, there are player reports for low quality robberies or DM on hunters and ultimately first DM montages or videos of gangs using the hunting rifle for hits and killings.

And honestly - despite the counter measurement of (only) 20 HP damage per shot using the hunting rifle - it is simply not surprising people still try to make a fortune by stealing and distributing PF firearms at the lowest roleplay quality possible whilst utilizing the robbery meta. It is one of these "Oh no, who could have thought that this would have happened..." with an ironic, monotone voice moments. The prevailing issue of low quality chain robberies has always been there. The meta has always been identified and shortly after, abused; blacked out, masked & BF400 - 4 deep sedans like the Torrence with 110% offroad capabilities to go on beaches, hills, off-road trails and other locations - copy/paste /me aims gun at head emote for instant win - eventually moving to the county with a less probability to be caught and a higher probability to snatch a PF gun - and now the hunters with a guranteed hunting rifle and potentially handgun to snatch. Let alone the fact that if something goes against them in the slightest, they will be the first to scream "(V)DM!", "Fear RP!" and similar.

Now the question is - how to do prevent these PF hunters, script robbers, robbery grinders or whatever you wish to call that type of player?

• You can always say "report it when you see it."; Sure. That works. Especially the past few days, I have seen a bunch of admin punishments handed out for low quality (chain) robberies. But how can you be sure to be victim of a chain robbery and not a singular incident? At the end of the day, only the robber knows they steamrolled over 10 people in search for a PF gun. Effectively, maybe 1 out of 10 is reported and - if you are lucky - punished. Meanwhile 3+ new accounts registered  on the server to rinse and repeat the robbery meta.
  • Making robberies just like home invasions with admin supervision only? Meh-ish. House invasions / robberies are neglected as the admin team has a lot of things to manage, let alone general reports from up to 1000 players on the server simultaniously. So this is not a potential long-term solution either.
  • Hard rules (safezones/no crime zones, "do not rob X in location Y", etc.); Tricky to implement and the potential to cause harm to those that actually put effort into their roleplay and robberies. The average low quality robbery player will find a new meta or way to circumvent set rules and continue the robbing grind.

How about... forcing the CK to those who have the audacity to go into unknown areas to rob armed people? Like those guys from the video previously linked where they were ran over by an off road Mesa. I'm sure that forcing the CK to people doing this would eventually put off some others from doing the same.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
10 minutes ago, Macarroncito said:

How about... forcing the CK to those who have the audacity to go into unknown areas to rob armed people? Like those guys from the video previously linked where they were ran over by an off road Mesa. I'm sure that forcing the CK to people doing this would eventually put off some others from doing the same.

Sounds like a good idea, until you realize they will just make a new character to do exactly the same.

• Wuhtah locked this topic