Hunting & Robbers

Esc

In all honesty since hunting was brought in to the server it seems that many characters decided do randomly go up to the county in order to rob hunters because its "granted" they have guns. Not only it seems poor that they travel from the city to the county to do this as they do it without any fear for their lives. Before this script was implemented, I dont remember seeing robbers randomly go through the woods to rob people (in 1.2 years of county roleplay, this is a first). I believe it is concerning at this point and maybe some rules could be implemented to avoid having more of this.

Please, lets not have this one closed.

• Upvote 3

Report these players and I'm sure they'll get punished for extremely poor portrayal and or lack of fear. You're not going to try to put your life in danger by robbing a person who's carrying a rifle and 9/10 times these people are also clearly open carrying a sidearm. I'd go as far as to say these people deserve a lenghty ban for this. But who am I?

I've too, seen a giant spike in robbing and such by city gangs and city based Characters, suddenly coming up the Blaine areas now, knowing people will have more money and guns, ect, cause it's more active. But it doesn't make logical sense for these CITY Characters to be making what is technically a 3-4 hour drive a everyday, to just rob a free people or even RVs of those who are trying to camp/hunt

• Upvote 1

It is poor roleplay indeed. Now the rifles are limited already to 20 damage, precisely cause staff knew this would happen, yet it still happened.Imo these violations should be punished by a ban, but that's only my opinion. Besides that, using a sedan on a dirt road hill, I am sure you wouldn't be able to escape with such car, once you even managed to climb such hill up.

But this goes both ways. Why would your character suddenly get interested in hunting, when they never even went fishing to begin with? Just cause it's here and doable, doesn't mean your character should do it, if they never considered such before.

Edited by Engelbert

It is a major issue, when done by people who roleplay being based out of gang neighborhoods, but on the other hand - you're a hunter, you're armed, stand your ground and don't let them take your guns away. Also the park rangers are coming soon, so I'm quite sure they will also help dealing with this issue.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
  • Upvote 2

Just have a peek at this video https://streamable.com/l561n4

It's from this report: 

I genuinely do not understand where the reporting party finds the audacity to create a report, but I've linked this report because it showcases an issue that is deeply rooted in the GTA:W community and was also a serious issue on LSRP. And that issue is the fact that people rob for firearms. (As seen in the video by them saying "They have weapons" before proceeding to rush to the players) They will purposely target people that they suspect have firearms. Be it an IC suspicion or an OOC one. The motivation remains the same, it's to steal firearms to either:

A) Sell it for insane profits.

B) Continue their bad ass robbery spree with less concern because hey... Shit goes wrong? I have another gun to continue the spree another day.

As I previously mentioned in my first reply on this topic, the roleplay is abysmal and I personally feel like people that rob individuals who are clearly packing heat (Holding a long rifle, open carrying a sidearm) should be punished harshly for faillure to roleplay any fear. A person with a firearm is by default a potential threat to you and they should be treated as such. Right now it's just a jackpot. 

Harsh and long punishments, bans preferred. 

Edited by Martyn
  • Upvote 7
  • Applaud 1
3 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

It is a major issue, when done by people who roleplay being based out of gang neighborhoods, but on the other hand - you're a hunter, you're armed, stand your ground and don't let them take your guns away. Also the park rangers are coming soon, so I'm quite sure they will also help dealing with this issue.

This is the main reason I've decided to create this discussion thread because every punishment issued regarding this matter has been addressed to characters who are either part of a gang or somewhat living in the city. "you're a hunter, you're armed, stand your ground and don't let them take your guns away." - This is why I consider it a lack of fear and a very poor. It feels like metagame too given the fact that multiple characters suddenly developed a liking of heading all the way up north in order to rob people after the script was implemented, so, I hardly doubt it was an idea they developed solely IC-wise.

11 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Now the rifles are limited already to 20 damage, precisely cause staff knew this would happen, yet it still happened.

This is particularly telling - despite actively implementing a feature to discourage the misuse of these weapons, people are still trying to forcefully take them from hunters to utilize them as a poor-man's sniper rifle for criminal activity. It is essentially one of the weakest ranged weapons in the game, the staff have clearly acted to discourage misuse, and the immediate response is to increase the misuse drastically.

• Wuhtah locked this topic