Los Santos Sehri & Iftar times

Late

I agree with the whole RPing iftari and fasting, however I do think this can lead to mockery or something to do with "imitating a sacred month of Islam". I'm not fully with this idea nor against it. Please do let me know what you think of the idea I am proposing (imitation and such) as this could be something that Muslims can be thinking of as a negative or a positive outcome.

Personally, I think GTA:W has it's own continuity and best to decide about time regarding this particular topic is Continuity Admin, but I have some thoughts for this discussion, I would rather just set the Iftar and Sehri time according to the LA Fajr and Maghrib Prayer time which would be set at:

unknown.png

If these particular time converted to In-Game time, it would still make sense to have the /experience/ of feeling the Sehri during the dawn (2:13 AM) and the Iftar at the dusk (4:36 PM). This would bring more immersive experience for the Moslem Roleplayers!

Ramadhan Kareem everyone!

• Thanks 1

[readacted]. My apologies, I misread the entire forum post. In regard to RPQM, I think it would be a good strive to the Equinox's ratio of Sun:Darkness. (Shorter in the Winter seasons, longer in the summer).!

Edited by Geo.
On 4/15/2021 at 5:21 AM, fortyfive said:

Personally, I think GTA:W has it's own continuity and best to decide about time regarding this particular topic is Continuity Admin, but I have some thoughts for this discussion, I would rather just set the Iftar and Sehri time according to the LA Fajr and Maghrib Prayer time which would be set at:

unknown.png

If these particular time converted to In-Game time, it would still make sense to have the /experience/ of feeling the Sehri during the dawn (2:13 AM) and the Iftar at the dusk (4:36 PM). This would bring more immersive experience for the Moslem Roleplayers!

Ramadhan Kareem everyone!

On 4/15/2021 at 2:43 AM, Late said:

HELLO EVERYONE.

I know this isn't going to apply to many people but for the people who are RPing Muslim characters and roleplaying fasting IG I think this should be brought up for consistency in our RP. 

As we all know our IG day/night cycle is based on almost a perpetual summer times, we don't have seasons. Previous years I RP'd the times based on LA times as it would match up CLOSE ENOUGH to the sunset and sunrise IG, HOWEVER since Ramadan moves more towards the winter months this I don't know if basing it on LA times is good enough anymore, for example:

33a74b6767ce4be24d8acbe545319bcc.png

But IG:

cbe11a206924a3d6995498bb9df6b66a.jpg

So, I am thinking should we continue to base it off LA times or create our own times that would make sense to match up with the IG day/night cycle?

Good idea, will make more interesting activity and roleplay!

• Wuhtah locked this topic