Los Santos Sehri & Iftar times

Late

HELLO EVERYONE.

I know this isn't going to apply to many people but for the people who are RPing Muslim characters and roleplaying fasting IG I think this should be brought up for consistency in our RP. 

As we all know our IG day/night cycle is based on almost a perpetual summer times, we don't have seasons. Previous years I RP'd the times based on LA times as it would match up CLOSE ENOUGH to the sunset and sunrise IG, HOWEVER since Ramadan moves more towards the winter months this I don't know if basing it on LA times is good enough anymore, for example:

33a74b6767ce4be24d8acbe545319bcc.png

But IG:

cbe11a206924a3d6995498bb9df6b66a.jpg

So, I am thinking should we continue to base it off LA times or create our own times that would make sense to match up with the IG day/night cycle?

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

My honest opinion for this matter would be to base it off our own times that would make the most sense to match up with the IG day/night cycle. This way the roleplay at that time would make more sense too -- For example, if we base it off LA time then we might be breaking our fast when during the game it's bright and sunny out (not sure if that will actually be the case, but you get my point).

Although, if the times are very similar and somewhat tend to match-up (as you mentioned in your post) then I don't see why you wouldn't want to just use the LA times.

1 minute ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Can you explain what's sehri and iftar cause I'm not quite familiar with what is that and what is it the purpose of that.

The times in which you begin and end your fast during ramadan. 

I mean honestly, no offence to you but I believe that you should address this in a suggestion related directly to weather and day/night cycle on the server, rather than a suggestion influenced directly by ramadan. Otherwise, yeah I do agree that the sunrise and sunset times are a bit unrealistic, but they're in place for a reason; with the wide variety of people living in different timezones, everyone can get to roleplay during the day and the night as well.

You completely misunderstand what I am saying. I'm not advocating for the server to change the day/night cycle I believe that's hard coded into GTA.

This is more of a continuity thread so people who RP Muslim characters can be consistent in their RP surrounding Ramadan. It's more so one character isn't breaking fast at 7:25PM and another at 9pm for example. If you're not RPing a muslim character then it won't really effect you much. Just curious to grab thoughts and opinions from other people RPing muslim chars. 

Edited by Late
  • Wuhtah locked this topic