Joining existing factions rather than creating your own.

unlawfulact

While I understand the issue, there's people who don't particularly identify with the currently existing factions and want to create something new that isn't around. For instance, there's a new MC that just established with a grimy nomadic concept that isn't carried out by any of the other currently existing factions, everybody's got their own taste. On the other hand, many create their own faction to avoid going through the grind and character development just to earn that high ranking title from the get-go. To dig into your take on the MC scene, the players who roleplay middle-aged biker veterans and have no idea how the blessing process works blow my mind. Realistically they'd have been around for so long in the scene that they'd understand the fundamentals of respect in the scene.

7 hours ago, Henning said:

A lot of it is ego, you get people coming in from other communities who are of the belief that the factions in this community are trash who they, as RP gods from communities that died three years ago will be able to quickly dominate and rise to power over.

Henning hit the nail on this one. I've seen several factions now who come together with their egoistical band of friends who refuse to acknowledge any other faction out there. The passive aggressive OOC agenda they put up is palpable on their screenshots, where they regard every other club in town as "weekend riders" and are the "best of the best out there." They live in their little bubble where everything they do is right and are god-tier roleplayers amongst peasants.

Edited by Gall
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2

No one should be forced to identify with any faction's concept, plus the server's player-base is rising by the day, new people coming in, there's space for everyone, no one/no group should be forced to join faction X when they've got a good squad of players they could be roleplaying with.

"It's extremely frustrating when you're seeing club after club pop up, not doing their research and flying colours and rockers that they aren't allowed to in reality. When they could've spent time doing their research into established clubs, which there's a few around the server now and just joining one of these."

It's extremely frustrating it's 2021 and yet, you claim people do not to their research properly and you're still stuck with the "bottom rocker" idea stands for some territorial thing. 

This is nonsense to me, people should be able to roleplay what they want if they aren't breaking any sort of rules, it is a game and it's to be enjoyed by everyone, not force any concept down people's throats.

• Upvote 4

While I do understand where you're coming from, I don't necessarily think that it's feasilble. For example, if I ever wanted to start faction X, however there was already some people rping a similiar vibe as faction Y, I would most likely consider joining forces with them or not. It would depend on our ooc relations, let's be real; everybody knows that OOC politics play a huge role when it comes to joining factions, beefing other factions etc. Just use your common sense, don't think there's a need for a whole rule that makes you join other factions instead of creating your own.

• Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Garras Up said:

sounds realistic then, personally aswell i don't even think there's enough gangs.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1ul5yqMj7_JgM5xpfOn5gtlO-bTk

https://gyazo.com/3968589958dcb3a9721228262bdc250e

Where as the servers population is now sitting at let's just say 800 a night. Having hundreds of small and pointless factions isn't helpful to anything on the server.

15 hours ago, blood sugar said:

No one should be forced to identify with any faction's concept, plus the server's player-base is rising by the day, new people coming in, there's space for everyone, no one/no group should be forced to join faction X when they've got a good squad of players they could be roleplaying with.

"It's extremely frustrating when you're seeing club after club pop up, not doing their research and flying colours and rockers that they aren't allowed to in reality. When they could've spent time doing their research into established clubs, which there's a few around the server now and just joining one of these."

It's extremely frustrating it's 2021 and yet, you claim people do not to their research properly and you're still stuck with the "bottom rocker" idea stands for some territorial thing. 

This is nonsense to me, people should be able to roleplay what they want if they aren't breaking any sort of rules, it is a game and it's to be enjoyed by everyone, not force any concept down people's throats.

What are you even talking about? Clearly you aren't aware of what comes along with Motorcycle Clubs and how patches are approved so it's best you don't comment on it, because you'll just make yourself look silly.

I'm not, nor should we force anyone to identify with another factions concept, I'm simply saying encourage people to look at pre-existing factions in that area first before starting their own, because they might just go "actually yeah, this is what we're looking for". As someone said earlier, it's easy for a group of 20-25 friends to start a faction and then just magically out of nowhere be roleplaying this huge gang/group in an area which makes it extremely hard for people who have established a solid foundation in that area to continue their development when they have this group randomly pop out of nowhere and match their numbers. It's not good roleplay at all.

All in all, I understand the concept of people should be allowed to do what they want. But we should really encourage the concept of having major, dominant groups or organizations rather than thousands of small ones. As a gang, it's a lot more difficult, because it's not so easy to just recruit them across to become a sub-set of the faction. With MC's you could look at the possible OOC discussion of maybe becoming a different charter of the faction, I know the current group of President's are great people and will always be open to discussion on how to make the MC community better, this could definitely be a hit in the right direction. And OCG's, the best explanation to this would be something like Bellantonio Crime Family from LSRP, an LCN group started on Princeton and instead of just going to war with them and fighting, Bellantonio ended up recruiting them all as a sub-set of the OCG, eventually it did end in an internal war but this is just an example of what could be done with all these groups rather just having 100 different ones.

I honestly think this would be a whole lot better for the server in terms of quality, as it should always be about quality rather than quantity.

• Wuhtah locked this topic