The unacceptable time of CK appeals handling

Kappaurel

The simple fix is allowing a CK appeal to be handled by all the individuals who can handle CK applications - with a third CK appeal appeal then handled by those select few who can handle CK appeals at present.

This allows us to shift from the current "assumed dead until proven otherwise" to the opposite. Standardize an order of no-contact betweeen the two parties until that third and final step is complete, and there we've solved our problem with the current system.

My CK reversal took over two months. The first few weeks? I'm pretty understanding, this is a big community and I'm sure management has a lot on their plates. I understand that while my reversal was urgent for me (A single player) It wasn't exactly at the top of the priority list for them, regardless however as someone who contributes to this community I was pretty disappointed not only by the way it was handled but frankly, how rude staff was while handling it. We'd receive updates saying staff apologies for the delay and should have it wrapped up by the next day, only to be scolded for "bugging staff" when that deadline had eclipsed by a few days and we respectfully checked in again. We were made to feel bad because we simply asked why the CK reversal had been open for at the time close to 40-50 days.

I don't know how the staff team operates and I'm sorry this might seem over the top but the situation really made me feel like management only meets once a week to discuss a single issue as I began to receive excuses that had nothing to do with CK's or me. One of the issues if I remember correctly was the whole debacle with the PD chief a few months back and I'm sorry but there must be something seriously wrong with staff procedures if they can't handle my (seemingly minor) CK reversal during the same week that they have to handle something in PD.   

Somebody will probably cherry pick this reply apart and defend this shit with "Oh staff is a volunteer position, they also have real lives" which is something I understand. But if the staff team can't handle all their duties in a timely manner either: a) Bring on more staff members or b) streamline staff procedures and priorities so they can. 

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Henning said:

Somebody will probably cherry pick this reply apart and defend this shit with "Oh staff is a volunteer position, they also have real lives" which is something I understand. But if the staff team can't handle all their duties in a timely manner either: a) Bring on more staff members or b) streamline staff procedures and priorities so they can. 

Fully agree.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the staff team, I have no issues with most of the staff members I’ve personally interacted with. However, there definitely needs to be reform in how reports, requests & CK applications are treated.

In terms of reports, I see an easy fix. 

Sort reports based on how long they’ve been up, how many people have been wronged and if any items have been lost. People shouldn’t be waiting 5 weeks for their DM report to be picked up when a common courtesy report is being picked up within 5 days. Reports shouldn’t be picked up based on how much work is needed to resolve them. Don’t like the workload that comes with being a volunteer admin? Don’t become an admin. It’s as simple as that, volunteering to help the community means nothing if you don’t actually fill your role.

As for CK applications, I see it the same way. CK applications are arguably much more important than most reports could be, they should be high priority throughout all staff management quotas.

4 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

And if Management is too busy to handle CK appeals in a timely manner, why not create a dedicated team for them?

CK appeals are most likely at the bottom of their priority list, if a dedicated team is made to look over CK appeals and sort through them, I believe it'd save a whole lot from both management and the player. Fully agree.