Make /cim slots purchasable.

Short description: Allow us to purchase /cim slots for 10-15WP

Detailed description: Right now, /cims can be fairly useful when it comes to roleplay, but you cannot have more than one cim unless you purchase either gold or platinum which cost a lot and some people simply cannot afford it if they want more /cims. I instead propose that you make /cim slots purchasable for about 10-15WP each, and have them permanently linked to the character slot. 

Places like ULSA have /cims all over the place, I think right now there's 4 or 5 that have to be on campus at all times to inform people of metal detectors, locks, what can and cannot be accessed etc. We're reminded to replace these when they expire. The fraternity and sorority houses also require /cims. As they are fairly crucial to roleplay, allow us to purchase them separately, much like how we can buy furniture and clothing slots separately.

Commands to add: None. Just improve what already exists.

Items to add:  None

How would your suggestion improve the server? CIMs are fairly essential to a lot of roleplay, in both legal and illegal RP. Allowing them to be purchased increases immersion and lets us make more detailed descriptions of the environment without having to purchase an expensive donator package. Making them 10-15 WP is slightly expensive, but is reasonable and still generates the server income, rather making them free for everyone, making them cost 10-15 also prevents people from abusing a lot of cims. I'd also recommend capping the max amount of /cims per character slot to 5.

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 5
7 minutes ago, celestialrage said:

How would your suggestion improve the server? CIMs are fairly essential to a lot of roleplay, in both legal and illegal RP. Allowing them to be purchased increases immersion and lets us make more detailed descriptions of the environment without having to purchase an expensive donator package. Making them 10-15 WP is slightly expensive, but is reasonable and still generates the server income, rather making them free for everyone, making them cost 10-15 also prevents people from abusing a lot of cims. I'd also recommend capping the max amount of /cims per character slot to 5.

I agree with this, limit the amount you can have total and make them cost WP.

Honestly if they're not permenant, I'd follow the same WP cost as exterior kits, otherwise be able to buy up to say 5 CIM slots for permenant usage.

• Applaud 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The cims are a touchy subjects because there is a small limit your engine can stream until it doesn’t stream markers anymore.

allowing permanent slots for such a price would mean someone can place 10+ cims permanently.

We need to make it one time purchases, I’ll think about a direct ingame implementation that offers you to pay few WP to place your cim if you reached your limits (like 3-5 wp)

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/25/2021 at 12:27 PM, Nervous said:

The cims are a touchy subjects because there is a small limit your engine can stream until it doesn’t stream markers anymore.

allowing permanent slots for such a price would mean someone can place 10+ cims permanently.

We need to make it one time purchases, I’ll think about a direct ingame implementation that offers you to pay few WP to place your cim if you reached your limits (like 3-5 wp)

That would be really nice. As an addition, that one-time purchase could work for, let's say, a day or two, so that you can move or redeploy the extra /cim's if you have to.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:27 AM, Nervous said:

What about offering a purchase to extend a cim's lifespan?

• 1 year later...