IFC: Team Mentality

arkan

The administration team overall has been extremely affected and demotivated by the constant attacks they're facing. They're here to play a game and put hundreds (if not thousands) of hours of their own time for free to help players. They shouldn't be targeted because of that. As I've always said, administrators are humans that can do mistakes and these mistakes need to follow the proper procedure with a staff report, that we've always handled and put a lot of dedication into making sure they're properly handled. While everyone can accept some little bully left and right, made up facts or rumors, insults in videos with thousands of views or bashing in announcements with hundreds of members it not to be accepted and demotivates everyone. You guys have built a great place for illegal players to gather and discuss faction issues, regular problems they face, but this has slowly been replaced by toxicity more and more whereas we had progressed a lot from its old habits. We can't share the podcast on the forum or with a streamer role when it contains such content about real humans who spend so much time in doing their best. You might not like some of them, hate them, it's not a reason to harass and bring up false facts / out of contexts screens to make them look bad because you have hundreds of viewers. It's not fair for them. We have a process that is fair, and it should be followed.

The IFC became bigger and these podcasts gives it even more visibility on networks / people that aren't on discord, and it falls into the "mainstream" information that most roleplayers ingame get now. Having so many toxicity / staff bashing / bullying in general in the podcast looks really bad on the entire server. You have to take a step back and remember that the main focus of our community is to be a gaming community where people come to relax, have fun and do what they like : strict roleplay. They don't come to get bullied, get dragged into random false rumors, being targeted by rewarded bounties, or to be massively harassed until they leave the server. I've always done my best to keep this server not toxic, and it's slowly going downhill because of the size your talks have taken.

The image you want to give of the illegal community isn't the one these podcasts and IFC main talks are showing. You guys do stand for some members, you do stand for better RP, you do stand to help everyone with giveaway and to give a voice to everyone. This is great. But you can't keep mixing this with what I described before.

While I actively participate on the IFC discord, same as other admins, we cannot allow this toxicity / harassment / free staff bashing trend to go on the forum and to be actively promoted there through podcasts. The main goal of GTAW is to put behind the toxicity that came with RP servers due to bad mentalities on LSRP, and I can't accept this here. It's gone too far right now.

I personally went through massive doxxing with my names, address, phone number being shared on the initial iteration of IFC. I was called in the middle of the night, threatened about my family & home, had multiple random other languages people calling me in the middle of the day while I was at work because of the doxxing allowed there. This place ended up left behind and we all created a better discord thanks to initiatives like you're doing here, and also our involvements as admin team (myself and few others) to participate in it and discuss everything. I can't thank you enough for that, but I feel we're going once again in the wrong direction and I do hope we can still improve it for the better. I would not want someone else to live what I had to live, and I feel that constant harassment on targeted members is the same as they live through a big psychological stress because of it.

I'll be closing this thread because of it and anything promoting the discord / podcasts until this issue is solved and we make it progress toward something better for everyone. We'll discuss it in our discord group @arkan @Bratan and @Thimble.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 28
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 7