IFC: Team Mentality

arkan

13 minutes ago, Pags said:

This is dope. Great concept.

I'm running a low-end LCN auto-theft ring with @Street Bossand @Brigone; not even a crew, just a rag-tag group of Bonanno earners. As an unofficial group, the points @Bospy and @Badermake about CF realism make a lot of sense.

In LCN RP, we gotta look after what being inducted means and the commitment players make to achieve it. In some cases, it can take a well-paced character 6-12+ months to get straightened out. Auto-making characters should never be taken lightly. If everyone did this, it'd dilute the quality of the LCN scene.

At the same time, you can't stop people from trying to develop and helm their own project. In my view, if you're an LCN unofficial group, you should recognize an official CF's inducted members as made by default. Including the power/respect Cosa Nostra entitles them to wield. This should be a rule. Then, it's up to those official bodies to decide whether or not a start-up is good enough to RP with/be recognized as LCN--But, also help develop them if they're not to standard. This will stop random crews popping up/claiming power. You gotta enter as an underdog.

As an example, we have 20+ players in our faction. There are only 3 made men and no skip. This gives both Martorano/Conti complete power over us. We pay a vig to Martorano and ensure our development/operation doesn't surpass what's realistic of a group our size. Our goal is character development, not control.

You're one of the few who're doing it right, being submissive to a family that has developed is key and perhaps you'll get to that point to of being a family. I will say though I disagreed with there comments on LCN on the west coast, it's not comprised of witness protects and undesirables that just got out of jail. It's hard to say what it's comprised of because they're only  handful of articles showcasing the arrests of suspected LA based mobsters, anything else and I'd wager that person is talking out of there asshole. Cleveland, Florida, New York, Baltimore have all been "rumored" to have a hand in what's going on in Los Angeles, you can't hemorrhage a style of roleplay because you don't believe it "fit" when I can call into question The Dixie Mafias or the power PEN1 holds. You simply can't pick and choose what concepts you'll allow unless it's completely far fetched and out of bounds.

25 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

You're one of the few who're doing it right, being submissive to a family that has developed is key and perhaps you'll get to that point to of being a family. I will say though I disagreed with there comments on LCN on the west coast, it's not comprised of witness protects and undesirables that just got out of jail. It's hard to say what it's comprised of because they're only  handful of articles showcasing the arrests of suspected LA based mobsters, anything else and I'd wager that person is talking out of there asshole. Cleveland, Florida, New York, Baltimore have all been "rumored" to have a hand in what's going on in Los Angeles, you can't hemorrhage a style of roleplay because you don't believe it "fit" when I can call into question The Dixie Mafias or the power PEN1 holds. You simply can't pick and choose what concepts you'll allow unless it's completely far fetched and out of bounds.

Thanks, appreciate that.

Yeah, I agree with your comments.

Less coverage. Anywhere there's money to be made, organized crime are gonna pop up. LA is a sesspit of opportunity for criminals.  Also, we're talking about a city that's 4 hours away from Las Vegas too; that place was built and maintained by the mob for decades. You can imagine the kind of characters who settled in Los Angeles over the years. I know I would, California is paradise.

Edited by Pags