Roleplayer of the week / month / whose rp did you enjoy

spiteful

Roleplayer of the month: A section on forums where players can vote on who's roleplay they enjoyed the most, the top 10 get 10 WP, this can be from looking at screenshots, actually roleplaying with them. This is for a competition side of things. 

Whose roleplay did you enjoy: A section that can be free for anybody to put the character of somebody they enjoyed roleplaying with in that scene, nothing is recorded, just to share with the community. Nobody wins WP from this. 

Edited by spiteful
On 4/12/2021 at 6:03 PM, spiteful said:

Roleplayer of the month: A section on forums where players can vote on who's roleplay they enjoyed the most, the top 10 get 10 WP, this can be from looking at screenshots, actually roleplaying with them. This is for a competition side of things. 

Disagree with this part. There's a lot of OOC politics in the server, a lot of people interact with each other all the time and form huge bonds. While there's nothing wrong with forming friendships from the server the OOC politics is the issue, I can definitely see how people would vote for their friends/faction members/etc. whenever they come up on the poll.

On 4/12/2021 at 6:03 PM, spiteful said:

Whose roleplay did you enjoy: A section that can be free for anybody to put the character of somebody they enjoyed roleplaying with in that scene, nothing is recorded, just to share with the community. Nobody wins WP from this. 

This I agree with for the most part. A nice wholesome, harmless thing that could easily be added to the forums showcasing the best parts of the community, where people share their roleplay experiences.

On 4/12/2021 at 4:03 PM, spiteful said:

Roleplayer of the month

With the various industries and collectives in Los Santos, I am curious what a nominal "Roleplayer" looks like. Some of the best Roleplayers I've met RP alone or with one other person, so its seems like the major collectives with the most activity would stand out more. In my opinion, if there were to be a Roleplayer of the month it'd have to be up to the GTA World Staff to decide who that is. On the opposite hand, the staff team has enough on their plate, they wouldn't spectate other players' rp to deem it nominal unless they are investigating something. 

All in all, GTA World is a business. Nervous collects his cut, I do not think he'd slide out 10WP a months for a popular group to cherry pick a Leader / Higher up. Although one could contest that GTA World is not a business, it really is, and it's not ran that well, but the transaction from customer (players) to the owner (nervous) constitutes this game as a business. 

On 4/12/2021 at 4:03 PM, spiteful said:

Whose roleplay did you enjoy

This is something I can get behind. I like that you didn't include a in-game monetary payout. Similar to how Rpotm would work, factions and groups will use this to put their leaders on a pedestal, which is fine since they only get the OOC clout for it. Bias is irrelevant when there is nothing to be gained, except commending people that you've Roleplayed with.

Great ideas, just the first one shouldn't have a monetary outcome, as this could incentivize Players to grind, when we're all here to enjoy the game! 

Nice suggestion! 

• Upvote 2
On 4/16/2021 at 3:23 PM, TheMac_Aodhagain said:

Disagree with this part. There's a lot of OOC politics in the server, a lot of people interact with each other all the time and form huge bonds. While there's nothing wrong with forming friendships from the server the OOC politics is the issue, I can definitely see how people would vote for their friends/faction members/etc. whenever they come up on the poll.

This I agree with for the most part. A nice wholesome, harmless thing that could easily be added to the forums showcasing the best parts of the community, where people share their roleplay experiences.

Yeah, I agree. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic