Judiciary & You

Matt.

4 minutes ago, Jankara said:

Remove the points system.  Trials have slowed down massively since the introduction.

The risk of 30 points and a life sentence creates an artificial pressure for people to fight their cases.  It's all also a total OOC logic.

At the same time move the biggest long term penalty from 20 days up to 30.  Then with life beyond that punishment  remains purely IG 

The risk of 30 points makes the risk for criminals of losing their characters real. It is one of the best things this system has, and 30 points are A LOT OF POINTS, and 30 points won't necessary mean life.

Couldn't agree more with the longest penalty to be moved up, up to 60 days even.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Kappaurel said:

The risk of 30 points makes the risk for criminals of losing their characters real. It is one of the best things this system has, and 30 points are A LOT OF POINTS, and 30 points won't necessary mean life.

Couldn't agree more with the longest penalty to be moved up, up to 60 days even.

It's not very real world.  If you go back to before points we were getting through cases in half the time.  I do think people are more resistant to a record these days and as such defences are more rigorous, which makes prosecutions more complicated and in turn all takes a lot of time.

That said rhe player base has doubled but we aren't getting many people apply to join.  More members  means faster trials.

10 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

What if you simply replaced the 30 points system with the Californian 3 strike system. I feel like most people don't know how many points they've got which only makes them more reckless. 3 strike system is relatively easy in a meaning - "Hmm. If I was already arrested  twice on felony charges I most likely will try to stay low". instead of thinking "Hmm I probably got like 10 points so I can go out of my way and do some more crime hoping it doesn't reach 30".
Here's a good breakdown on how it works 
https://www.courts.ca.gov/20142.htm 
https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/defense/process/sentencing/three-strikes-law/

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
1 minute ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

What if you simply replaced the 30 points system with the Californian 3 strike system. I feel like most people don't know how many points they've got which only makes them more reckless. 3 strike system is relatively easy in a meaning - "Hmm. If I was already arrested  twice on felony charges I most likely will try to stay low". instead of thinking "Hmm I probably got like 10 points so I can go out of my way and do some more crime hoping it doesn't reach 30".
Here's a good breakdown on how it works https://www.courts.ca.gov/20142.htm

Anyone can request their criminal record (which includes the points) at any given time in the LSPD forums, and they handle stuff REAL QUICK (24-48 hours usually)

2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

It makes sense but 3 strikes is  like 30 points so designed to force people to go straight.  Ultimately  on a rp server players don't suddenly go straight.  They are committed illegal players and will push on. 

Edited by Jankara
Just now, Kappaurel said:

Anyone can request their criminal record (which includes the points) at any given time in the LSPD forums, and they handle stuff REAL QUICK (24-48 hours usually)

Well obviously but most criminals won't do that? Imagine a local gang member showing up to a police station requesting to access their criminal record. Sounds like bs honestly.

• Wuhtah locked this topic