Judiciary & You

Matt.

Hello GTA World, my name is mattmocz and I am the Chief Justice and one of the faction leaders of the Judiciary, a wing of the State Government which has responsibility of completely running the court system within the server. I am making this thread in order to gain community feedback on the current status of the court system. I plan on using this feedback for discussions with the rest of my faction leadership, and any opinions on how you feel the court system is currently functioning, praises or suggestions on how things should change for the better please feel to post your feedback, it will be greatly appreciated! One of our goals is to increase the in game roleplay our faction provides, as well as to keep the system as speedy as possible for those going through the court process.

The Judiciary faction itself is broken down into three separate areas: Judges, The District Attorney’s Office, and the Public Defender’s office. Feel free to give feedback on your experiences, suggestions or comments  with these specific areas separately or the system as a whole.

We are always looking for players to join our faction, whether you are primarily an illegal roleplayer or legal roleplayer. If you are interested in becoming involved in the Judiciary, I would highly recommend reading through this thread, which outlines all possibilities.

Thank you in advance for your feedback,

mattmocz

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Court cases are taking too long. Hire some judges on an OOC basis, don't force them to actually get the BAR or w/e just make some sort of your internal tests.

I think this is already being done. However, it is not that easy to find people who are willing to throw away one of their 3 character slots to make a judge they will never be using.

Think about it, there is nearly no in game roleplay for a judge. Do you see a judge partying in a club? No. Do you see a judge in a strip club? May look bad. Do you see a judge capable of being involved in any of the typical server RP?

If it's already hard for me with my Deputy District Attorney, I find it nearly impossible for judges.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Kappaurel said:

I think this is already being done. However, it is not that easy to find people who are willing to throw away one of their 3 character slots to make a judge they will never be using.

Think about it, there is nearly no in game roleplay for a judge. Do you see a judge partying in a club? No. Do you see a judge in a strip club? May look bad. Do you see a judge capable of being involved in any of the typical server RP?

If it's already hard for me with my Deputy District Attorney, I find it nearly impossible for judges.

I fully understand your concerns, perhaps the Judges could be granted an additional slot that would be removed upon departure from the faction? You'd have to raise that issue with LFM I believe.

I gotta praise you guys for actually trying to do this with such a large playerbase. For one I bet it gets tedious! But all the more power to you guys for actually trying to make this work and from what I've see so far. It actually makes me want to learn about how courts work! But I do have to admit these do take too long and unfortunatley that's the nature of having to rely on people with lives outside of GTAW. For example I'm coming up to a month (28 days on the 15th) and although I have to give credit that there is actually some fantastic RP within prison from both sides, prisoners and guards. However, it does come a point where you don't feel like logging in anymore and this is such a shame. I've been able to develop my character as much as I can within prison now and feel like there's nothing left to do. 

It's great we get 3 character slots but IMO I prefer to play one character and develop that one character. But with having been forced to make an alt now. I can appreciate why people would prefer an alternate. But again this is an optional choice and perhaps it could be put down OOCly in a case as a priotiy if the character arrested is someones main character they play?

7 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

Exactly this above. It's a give and take relationship between prisoners and the court system. But perhaps there could be an agreement set up a time that's good between the individuals to do the "RP" on the forums of the court system? That way everyone will be around for lets say atleast an hour? Obviously needs more thought but something along them lives may work..

Edited by Fuse
2 minutes ago, Fuse said:

But I do have to admit these do take too long and unfortunatley that's the nature of having to rely on people with lives outside of GTAW. For example I'm coming up to a month (28 days on the 15th)

Responding to these, no one is forced to follow the court systems, if it gets too extensive the option of pleading guilty and exiting the court system right away is always there!

Just now, Kappaurel said:

Responding to these, no one is forced to follow the court systems, if it gets too extensive the option of pleading guilty and exiting the court system right away is always there!

Public defenders will also fight to get a plea deal that is best for you! Cara was able to get a reduced sentence AND record expungement for her assigned defendant, and she can do the same for you!*

*results may vary

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Kappaurel said:

Surely that's just a bit of a cop-out though and not fair? Like my character could be facing life? So of course they'd fight the charges.  Yes I've been offered parole but I still don't think it's right to just say "Yeah I plead guilty because people are taking too long."

• Wuhtah locked this topic