Add a menu where you can see the ads people have posted before

Short description: Ability to see previous ads in a menu

Detailed description: Simple menu where you can see the /ad, /bad or/cad posted by other players. Maybe even make it so that it is different categories, like /cad is in a different category than /ad

Commands to add: /ads

Items to add: No

How would your suggestion improve the server? I think this would improve how people use ads, because now the system just means that you need keep posting your ad until someone calls, rather then post the ad once and just wait since now everyone can see it for an extended time period. You would also need to limit the time the /ad stays up, so there wouldn`t just be 5000 ads in one menu.

If you are thinking about a scenario where this might work, it could be where perhaps someone who is selling his car just logged in, but someone buying the exact car posted the ad 5 seconds before, and for the seller to see the ad it would take him ~20 minutes IF the buyer decides to post the ad again. With this system the seller would just be able to open up a menu, and browse trough it, then find the ad he was looking for and go on happily with his day.

Additional information:

Edited by frankcloud7
  • frankcloud7 changed the title to Add a menu where you can see the ads people have posted before

It would actually be great to remove the screen clutter to (I know you can disable it but it'd be better as it's own entity). Instead people can just type /ad and see all the current advertisements in a neat little CEF window.

Full support 🙂

mega support. i'd love to see ingame, on-screen ads removed completely and a menu like the looking for job/employees added, with people not paying per ad, but paying for the ad to appear per hour in a neatly-categorized menu. we havent reached the capitalist utopia of being broadcasted ads straight to our brains irl just yet.

• 3 months later...