Remove faction chat.

24 minutes ago, celestialrage said:

How would your suggestion improve the server? Could potentially cut down on metagaming, spam issues in chat, OOC global idle chatter when /pm is a thing, and improve roleplay pace.

What stops them from metagaming, spamming, or idly chatting over PM instead? 🤓 No point punishing everyone over the potential actions of a minority.

Edited by KLNV

i assume u made this cause of ULSA lmao. Fac chat can be annoying asf in that faction cause theyre saying Lol about something happening in a specific place to a fac of like 50+ people who don't know wtf they're talking about, but most other factions use fchat appropiately so no need to punish us all for it. Most the time in ULSA i saw them turning off the fac chat completely, or u can just do /toggle f to turn it off from ur side

The faction chat has a real purpose within PD and other LEO factions.

For example, we use to inform others when a suspect we're chasing disconnected or reconnected after a crash. 

It's useful to ask OOC questions or create partnership within the team.

I do agree that /f chat should be moderated, but not deleted. 

I think /f chat has more benefits than downsides to be honest.

The faction leader and anyone with admin powers within the faction can toggle the chat for everyone so it can't be spammed.

Any OOC spam is usually blocked by /nof when a faction leader sees it hindering roleplay anyway, so I don't see what the issue is.

Metagaming is monitored in /f chats, the problem of metagaming won't be solved by removing fac chat. 

No thanks.

There's absolutely no reason why faction chat should be banned at all. There's a reason why /toggle faction exists, you are not required to have the faction chat on at all of the time.

Bring it up to your faction leader if there's cases of metagaming going on and request stronger moderation on it and report it as necessary. Problem solved.

Although, in the factions I have been in, it's always been used to just have a fun banter or relay important information oocly. Neither of which is bad as long as there's no metagaming.

/fonline

/pm

It's not a very good suggestion. Most people use their faction chat to let off some steam while roleplaying. If you find it difficult to focus, like I do sometimes, /toggle faction is your friend. If it's a persistent issue, /toggle faction on login.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, CloutToken said:

If faction chat becomes a distraction the faction leader can toggle it for all. Otherwise, personally I only ever use it if I’m not in an active roleplaying scenario or I need to inform people about something. 

A server wide faction chat ban was in place a few years ago, and I can tell you first hand that it did very little in improving roleplay quality.