Lag issues

For Ever

So. There's a frequent lag spike in my game. It's mostly, from what I assume, from CPU usage, at least that's what I assumed today.

Now, I've been doing some stuff to help fix it, some people said it would fix it if I made my screen black with no icons on it, tweaked settings to abs minimal, but I am standing on this same error still.

I've come to today, when I completely de-installed the whole game and RAGEMP to ensure I remove any mods I have in the game (even though I ONLY had clothing models). This didn't do anything, yet I came to realize that I do not lag at all in GTA Online (didn't try SP) but when I join in GTA W, it becomes laggy outdoors (in doors I can play with no lag spikes, at least noticeable ones). 

Any more ideas how to fix it? I'm trying to play nowadays and I've been for the past 2-3 weeks, decking around 4 hours a day or even more throughout the nights. No stupid suggestions like "Buy a new computer". I simply can not afford to get a better one than this as the one I have already cost around one grand and I bought it a year ago. It's quite simply not a option for me at this stage.

Download program called HWinfo, turn it on, then hop on GTA World, play for 20 minutes, then send temperature logs over here, it could be that your PC overheats.

Also try lowering your graphic settings to the the lowest possible (including resolution) and see if it helps.

And if that doesn't fix your problem, hop on any other Rage MP server to see if problem only occurs on Gta World

Edited by choda996

What's likely happen is the limited resources that your PC has available are being used by other applications. The core clock speed might also contribute to this. GTA, Rage etc is a very intensive game when it comes to loading in character models/graphics/vehicles etc. This is likely what will be contributing to the majority of your lag.

Besides upgrading your PC, do what's listed above and try to optimize your settings etc. Graphic reducing mods might be a useful thing to try, but there's a major drawback in that it makes your game look horrible.

7 hours ago, Mecovy said:

What's likely happen is the limited resources that your PC has available are being used by other applications. The core clock speed might also contribute to this. GTA, Rage etc is a very intensive game when it comes to loading in character models/graphics/vehicles etc. This is likely what will be contributing to the majority of your lag.

Besides upgrading your PC, do what's listed above and try to optimize your settings etc. Graphic reducing mods might be a useful thing to try, but there's a major drawback in that it makes your game look horrible.

Despite the bad look, do you have any suggestions in terms of these graphic reducing mods? Also yeah, I've noticed my temperatures go up to around 70-80 whilst playing the game and could be caused by that, yet weirdly enough, the thermal paste and computer itself had been cleaned just weeks ago. It sounds weird that in the span of a few weeks, the ventilation system has already collected so much dust, but I might send it for cleaning again soon.

@choda996

5 minutes ago, For Ever said:

Despite the bad look, do you have any suggestions in terms of these graphic reducing mods? Also yeah, I've noticed my temperatures go up to around 70-80 whilst playing the game and could be caused by that, yet weirdly enough, the thermal paste and computer itself had been cleaned just weeks ago. It sounds weird that in the span of a few weeks, the ventilation system has already collected so much dust, but I might send it for cleaning again soon.

@choda996

Personally not sure, but a quick google search should show you some that might help. This is my best guess though as to what's causing you to lag, if its chat lag etc that's just a rage issue currently.

1 hour ago, choda996 said:

@For Ever Your GPU is not best, also Rage MP uses more resources then Gta V SP/MP, did it work good before 1.1 update or was it the same?

Worked better before 1.1 as well, CPU usage did start rising from that point etc. It works quite decent yet it does throw in occasional lag spikes now as I've reinstalled and optimized the game a bit more, turned FXAA on and it did make the result a bit better.