Prevent Trading Businesses and Housing

CrisisGG

1 minute ago, effion said:

That isn't usually the case though. A lot of people are just hoarding properties with 1-5h played a month.

So we can have a few cases:

- Old characters are being "paused" (the ones that have been active sometime ago, but at the moment players are taking break). All good;

- Property "holders". E.g.: X person buys 2 properties on a faction area, he rents the houses to the members. All good. <- On the previous servers we were having a faction script to put the properties on it. Then you don't need to worry that you will loose the houses of inactivity or that your ex-member will sell it to mallrat since he is tired or doesn't want to roleplay anymore.

- Renters. Renting property trough a company or privately. Farming money.

- Stash houses. Illegal roleplayers are stashing their shit in there so LSPD/LSSD wouldn't be able to see that. I know that it's not something that PM likes a lot, but it's the only real way to get away with your illegal stuff.

- They are waiting for the furnishing process to be finished.

- People are just inactive/barely active? <- Is it possible to send them a notification from server side that "Hey, we see that you are inactive on this character. Can you sell your properties? - PM."

19 minutes ago, Shvag said:

So we can have a few cases:

- Old characters are being "paused" (the ones that have been active sometime ago, but at the moment players are taking break). All good;

- Property "holders". E.g.: X person buys 2 properties on a faction area, he rents the houses to the members. All good. <- On the previous servers we were having a faction script to put the properties on it. Then you don't need to worry that you will loose the houses of inactivity or that your ex-member will sell it to mallrat since he is tired or doesn't want to roleplay anymore.

- Renters. Renting property trough a company or privately. Farming money.

- Stash houses. Illegal roleplayers are stashing their shit in there so LSPD/LSSD wouldn't be able to see that. I know that it's not something that PM likes a lot, but it's the only real way to get away with your illegal stuff.

- They are waiting for the furnishing process to be finished.

- People are just inactive/barely active? <- Is it possible to send them a notification from server side that "Hey, we see that you are inactive on this character. Can you sell your properties? - PM."

If I remember correctly, houses should still be factionized so that wont be an issue. As for old characters where people are taking a break? Sure, but if we surpass the two or three weeks of you not playing them. Sell the property, else you're just logging in to avoid losing it which is breaking the rules.

Stash houses? Often they're not in an area where it's an issue, and people who hog up Blaine properties for stash houses just need a stern talking cause it's bad as it is to get a home out there.

Furnishing isn't included as that's an active player most likely.

And if people are inactive or barely active, then they shouldn't hold properties. As harsh as it sounds, we're well over 1000 players now and we're even at a point where we have a business crisis. People are hogging up everything and requesting new things take weeks of paperwork and hard work without an even guarantee to getting anything, and at this point we're looking at a community where everything that is remotely nice becomes a niche or a closed circle sale without constant admin intervention.

The main concern for me is allowing players to enter the property ladder. When businesses and housing are traded among a select few, or advertised as a trade, it doesn’t allow anybody the chance to get involved aside from those who already have businesses or housing in desirable locations. 

@Shvag You raise a few good points which I’ve read through, but I don’t think renting is specifically going to resolve the current issue, people would like to do interior design, make something their own or just find somebody that can help produce their envisions. Yes, there’s factions too, though think about it, if people are all hoarding houses and trading them among each other, it’s no wonder newer factions are hurting when it comes to trying to find property.

I do feel this change would help for the better, though if anybody else thinks of a solution to help out players who would like the chance to own their own house or business in a desireable area, I’d be happy to hear it.

• 2 years later...