Prevent Trading Businesses and Housing

CrisisGG

Hi,

I know this is going to upset some people, but I think that property trading should be prevented as a rule, I've seen countless adverts in game about people trading housing in areas (Specifically Mirror Park or Upper-Class areas), trading businesses for other businesses and so on, it's a shame as there's others that would like the opportunity to purchase a property or business but aren't able to do so due to people trading them among each other, I feel as though it would be an even playing field for everybody if this was stopped and some counter measurements were in place to prevent it. 

Thoughts and opinions? Would love to hear them!

57 minutes ago, effion said:

I can get behind this but major part of the community won't and that is the main reason why this suggestion will go nowhere.

A) Not everything has to be liked by a majority

B) Those trading houses around seem overly represent to you due to you dealing with their PM-stuff all the time when in total they're a selected few, not a majority of the playerbase

I know lots of people would be against it but I support this suggestion. It might be realistic but we have our own limitations in regards to housing and businesses on GTA World. People should only be allowed to buy and sell properties so that everyone, especially newer players or characters, have a chance of acquiring said properties.

Having a few some people swap properties among each other is one big reason why lots of people complain about not being able to find properties in the county or specific businesses. 

16 minutes ago, Entity said:

I know lots of people would be against it but I support this suggestion. It might be realistic but we have our own limitations in regards to housing and businesses on GTA World. People should only be allowed to buy and sell properties so that everyone, especially newer players or characters, have a chance of acquiring said properties.

Having a few some people swap properties among each other is one big reason why lots of people complain about not being able to find properties in the county or specific businesses. 

That's just going to lead to an increased amount of private sales of both business and specific houses. Leaving them in a closed circle like now.  Might as well keep it as it is.

5 hours ago, CrisisGG said:

Hi,

I know this is going to upset some people, but I think that property trading should be prevented as a rule, I've seen countless adverts in game about people trading housing in areas (Specifically Mirror Park or Upper-Class areas), trading businesses for other businesses and so on, it's a shame as there's others that would like the opportunity to purchase a property or business but aren't able to do so due to people trading them among each other, I feel as though it would be an even playing field for everybody if this was stopped and some counter measurements were in place to prevent it. 

Thoughts and opinions? Would love to hear them!

It's a big NO from me.

When it comes ads to "buying any business" or "trading my business into any other business" and etcetera... it's cringe. I agree. Specifically then, when some people are seeking to get two night clubs, two strip clubs, club + strip club, 2 or more of any type of business and etcetera. It shouldn't be allowed that easily. And instead of having 1000+ business on the server, I would rather see 100 but those that are actually opening on daily/weekly basis. 

Unfortunately, we have a group of people who own business, and a group of people who are managing/running those business for them. I don't believe that it will change anytime soon because of the current business pricings.

When it comes to housing - it's a terrible solution to limit housing sales.

Why?

- Our population is booming like crazy, a ton of new players are coming to the server everyday. Those guys have no houses, no cars and no cash. They are just starting to settle in the server and we shouldn't limit them business/housing wise at any point. The majority of those guys are not trying to buy a house for 1.5 million in Mirror Park. It's the old players in our community that are trying to do this.

- With the new players on the server - housing demand is greatly increasing. Instead of killing house/apartment trading with OOC rule implementation, we should supply more housing units into the server. Most needed areas are: Vespucci, South Central (Davis+Rancho), Morning wood, East Los Santos, East Vinewood (first three are necessary because afaik the majority of the factions are living/settling down in those areas). We have discussed this thing in the community many times and afaik, the PM's are planning to add more industrial buildings with lofts inside in those specific areas. One of these type-o buildings were implemented into the server recently. In Downtown/Pillbox.

- Renting should be a thing. At the moment we have a great player base that wants/seek to rent properties in specific areas - Vinewood, Hawick, Downtown, Little Seoul. You name it. Private & rental companies are popping off. I would totally agree if PM's would implement 100 housing units all around Los Santos where players would be able to rent it. IRL cities are doing that! E.g.: Berlin.

How the renting works? You agree to pay - 6-8-10-12K per week, it depends on the area/building and exterior/interior. You are the only one who is able to live in that particular apartment. Of course, you are able to /givepropertykey and share it with your friend. LSPD/LSSD is able to see that you have/rent this property. You have been inactive for 2 weeks? You have lost your property.

This suggestion would help to regulate: 1) renting prices in the server; 2) add more options for the new players. 

And it shouldn't be cheap, like 50 bucks. Because people will start to abuse it for stash houses and you will never get them back.

You are not able to rent it if you have bought your first property.

- Faction housing/properties has to become a thing long time ago. 

I know some people who have spend last 6 months roleplaying in South Central and they have never managed to buy a single unit in their roleplay areas. Instead of that they are buying 1 apartment in Pillbox and living all together in it. Imagine 6-7 or even 12 people living in one apartment in Pillbox. They are logging into the server, leaving their apartment in Pillbox, and driving to hangout in Forum Drive, Rancho, Strawberry Ave., Groove St. You name it. If official factions would be able to hold 10 housing units in those areas to provide housing for their own members, it would make way more sense - roleplay, immersion, hood, community wise.

Shout-out to Nervous who is helping gangs/IFM/various communities to get some properties for the roleplay.

Edited by Shvag
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Shvag said:

It's a big NO from me.

When it comes ads to "buying any business" or "trading my business into any other business" and etcetera... it's cringe. I agree. Specifically then, when some people are seeking to get two night clubs, two strip clubs, club + strip club, 2 or more of any type of business and etcetera. It shouldn't be allowed that easily. And instead of having 1000+ business on the server, I would rather see 100 but those that are actually opening on daily/weekly basis. 

Unfortunately, we have a group of people who own business, and a group of people who are managing/running those business for them. I don't believe that it will change anytime soon because of the current business pricings.

When it comes to housing - it's a terrible solution to limit housing sales.

Why?

- Our population is booming like crazy, a ton of new players are coming to the server everyday. Those guys have no houses, no cars and no cash. They are just starting to settle in the server and we shouldn't limit them business/housing wise at any point. The majority of those guys are not trying to buy a house for 1.5 million in Mirror Park. It's the old players in our community that are trying to do this.

- With the new players on the server - housing demand is greatly increasing. Instead of killing house/apartment trading with OOC rule implementation, we should supply more housing units into the server. Most needed areas are: Vespucci, South Central (Davis+Rancho), Morning wood, East Los Santos, East Vinewood (first three are necessary because afaik the majority of the factions are living/settling down in those areas). We have discussed this thing in the community many times and afaik, the PM's are planning to add more industrial buildings with lofts inside in those specific areas. One of these type-o buildings were implemented into the server recently. In Downtown/Pillbox.

- Renting should be a thing. At the moment we have a great player base that wants/seek to rent properties in specific areas - Vinewood, Hawick, Downtown, Little Seoul. You name it. Private & rental companies are popping off. I would totally agree if PM's would implement 100 housing units all around Los Santos where players would be able to rent it. IRL cities are doing that! E.g.: Berlin.

How the renting works? You agree to pay - 6-8-10-12K per week, it depends on the area/building and exterior/interior. You are the only one who is able to live in that particular apartment. Of course, you are able to /givepropertykey and share it with your friend. LSPD/LSSD is able to see that you have/rent this property. You have been inactive for 2 weeks? You have lost your property.

This suggestion would help to regulate: 1) renting prices in the server; 2) add more options for the new players. 

And it shouldn't be cheap, like 50 bucks. Because people will start to abuse it for stash houses and you will never get them back.

You are not able to rent it if you have bought your first property.

- Faction housing/properties has to become a thing long time ago. 

I know some people who have spend last 6 months roleplaying in South Central and they have never managed to buy a single unit in their roleplay areas. Instead of that they are buying 1 apartment in Pillbox and living all together in it. Imagine 6-7 or even 12 people living in one apartment in Pillbox. They are logging into the server, leaving their apartment in Pillbox, and driving to hangout in Forum Drive, Rancho, Strawberry Ave., Groove St. You name it. If official factions would be able to hold 10 housing units in those areas to provide housing for their own members, it would make way more sense - roleplay, immersion, hood, community wise.

Shout-out to Nervous who is helping gangs/IFM/various communities to get some properties for the roleplay.

The housing crisis and business crisis could be partially solved by forcing people who are hogging properties using alts to sell them. The whole issue is we have 1000+ players, who can have 3 characters each.  They all want a house and a car. So that isn't going to work at all.

1 minute ago, Mahiko said:

The housing crisis and business crisis could be partially solved by forcing people who are hogging properties using alts to sell them. The whole issue is we have 1000+ players, who can have 3 characters each.  They all want a house and a car. So that isn't going to work at all.

What if people have 3 accounts and are spending 40-50 hours on each character every month?

How are you planning to tell them that "you are not allowed to have a property" on every single character?