New UI Discussion

np

Okay, so I won't lie and say that I'm much of a fan of the new menu/UI for clothing stores - mainly because the current lag is killing it for a few of us during peak hours - but I'm going to give two positives to the developers, that I think should be highlighted:

1. The button that lets me make my character stretch so that I can check that the torso is right, is just a great idea. Yes, I know I could already /anim for this, but a button I can click on, that is in the torso part of the menu already, is just an excellent little convenience.

2. I now no longer so easily mistakenly overwrite my old outfit with a new one by forgetting - as I would on the old UI - to select the outfit slot first, instead of hitting the purchase new outfit option first by accident. I did this so many times and I wonder how much time and in game currency I spent fixing my mistakes.

So, thank you for those two great new additions.

Edited by Greyfeather
Grammar

The new UI is a step in the right direction. It just needs some fine tuning, like having the chat always enabled (pretty basic stuff in a chat based rp server), don't tell me to press F4, I'm not going to start pressing F4 every now and again to check the chat, it should already be up.

I like being able to quickly scroll through the options, and also use the arrow keys. I love that it remembers the slot and texture of everything, so when you go back to pick another texture for the shirt for example, you don't have to find it again.

The new menu is a definite improving and I think it's quite good, miles better than the last menu. One feature I especially like is that your clothing ID's save, meaning, if you want to change one little thing, you don't gotta start over from the beginning of the list and also lets you find the ID of your current clothes much easier without having to go through ~300 ID's for either telling someone else or saving it for yourself.

Sure there can be improvements done, such as being able to move around. I think the function of selecting outfits then pressing F4 to bring up your chat is brilliant. You're not gonna use the left side of the menu constantly and it's practical instead of moving the menu somewhere else where there's no space for it.

I feel like the people complaining about this menu are the same people who didn't like the new weapon wheel, even if it's 10 times better.

Get on with times and stop being stuck in 2010's menus. Be open to change.

• Upvote 2

All the posts that appear within hours after a new feature releases always manages to piss me off, people complaining about "going back". I think St3fanNL deserves all credits in the world to create a new clothing system which is faster to use if used properly and has much more options for customization than using the old system, it's outdated.

Give it time. You're all upset because you have to suddenly re-do all 30 clothing slots and some in factions have to re-do all their 20 uniform slots too. Once everything has been setup you'll hopefully be glad that this system exists.

Provide constructive feedback on how the system can improve instead of cracking down on it. If you're one of those people that have nothing positive to say, please become a junior developer and make something yourself lol, this takes hours.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Mike said:

All the posts that appear within hours after a new feature releases always manages to piss me off, people complaining about "going back". I think St3fanNL deserves all credits in the world to create a new clothing system which is faster to use if used properly and has much more options for customization than using the old system, it's outdated.

Give it time. You're all upset because you have to suddenly re-do all 30 clothing slots and some in factions have to re-do all their 20 uniform slots too. Once everything has been setup you'll hopefully be glad that this system exists.

Provide constructive feedback on how the system can improve instead of cracking down on it. If you're one of those people that have nothing positive to say, please become a junior developer and make something yourself lol, this takes hours.

exactly this, the system is long overdue and the fact some people don't even acknowledge the amount of effort and time going into these things is really ignorant. As a community we shouldn't bash new updates instantly, we should be constructive if anything.

Imagine working so hard only for people to take a dump on your effort.

Thanks St3fan and whoever else worked on this (if any), it's an excellent system that we desperately needed.

- Someone who spent 5 hours fixing their clothes and uniform.

• Wuhtah locked this topic