New UI Discussion

np

Just give us a /clothes, /barber, /tattoo and similar commands to /surgery so you can use the original menus for all the different customization stores. 

The new menus look nice and all, but the customization menus didn't need changing, they were fine as they were. The new menus just make things more difficult and awkward. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Dashing said:

Just give us a /clothes, /barber, /tattoo and similar commands to /surgery so you can use the original menus for all the different customization stores. 

The new menus look nice and all, but the customization menus didn't need changing, they were fine as they were. The new menus just make things more difficult and awkward. 

It's just new things. We'll get used to it soon. 

I honestly prefer the new menus. They’re a little slower to navigate with, but I’m sure that I’ll be able to  learn to navigate them quicker the longer they’re around for; especially since they’re functionally superior to the older menus.

Not sure why people want to keep the old ones as well in my opinion; the whole point of an updated UI is to replace what was old.

That’s like complaining about swapping to Windows 10 because you’ve been using Windows XP for the past 10 years; just got to adapt as far as I’m concerned.

Not like you can’t ask for help either if your struggling with navigating through the new menus.

1 hour ago, .Pluto. said:

It's just new things. We'll get used to it soon. 

No one should get used to this system- it should be changed to enable chatting AND shop menu at the same time, simple as.

30 minutes ago, TinPan said:

I honestly prefer the new menus. They’re a little slower to navigate with, but I’m sure that I’ll be able to  learn to navigate them quicker the longer they’re around for; especially since they’re functionally superior to the older menus.

This is out of question (navigation bar to begin with, specially in the shirts category with 560 something slots I will not skip that.

31 minutes ago, TinPan said:

Not sure why people want to keep the old ones as well in my opinion; the whole point of an updated UI is to replace what was old.

Again for those not reading from the start:

The issue is that the new UI by its default setting disables the ic chat.

I get I can rp fine while shopping if I re-enable my chat (and ignore the part I am forzen to a point), but roleplaying, on a roleplay server, should be the mandatory default stance, not an optional option I have to enable in a situation.

1 minute ago, knppel said:

Read what I said above regarding this, not a solution.

“Woe is me. Pressing the F4 key to swap between the chat and the shop menu is too complex.”

You got me fucked up beyond belief if your unable to press a single key to swap between chat & the clothing menu.

That's your prejudice, mate. I am not too fine to press F4. I also am not lazy to explain others ingame they need to, which they interface does only in ridiculously tiny signs that many ignore.

But I'm not Sysiphos and "but you can keep repeatedly doing it still" is a stupid argument.

Watch any store ingame and try to talk to people now.

Most will not see your chat as they fail to notice that tiny little disclaimer telling you how to enable the chat and move the camera.

It's not about my personal comfort- that improved, read my post above, seriously.

It's about what kind of behaviour is encouraged ingame- and this setup encourages people to treat the "shopping stance" as ooc, and gives them a comfortable excuse that will in most cases not even be a lie as people just don't disable the left upper window every time.

Someome mentioned barbershops above, which is a perfect example.

Greeted 1 person at a barbershop today, they noticed me and greeted back despite doing their own hair at that time.

Greeted ten people at the clothing shop, even ic friends failed to respond as they were not aware shopping and chatting is possible simultaneously.

That's failed design, not an improvement, even if I can move through the clothes faster with the bar. Simple as.

The atmosphere in shops has moved towards lsrp's Verona Mall with this. Which is, as we'll agree in big parts, not a good direction.

• Wuhtah locked this topic