New UI Discussion

np

1 hour ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

I dislike the extra steps you have to make to browse through outfit slots, aswell as that I have to adjust my mouse sensitivity settings to browse through the clothing items with the oversensitive too small slider.

You can use arrow keys or click on the menu's arrows manually to move one at a time.

A good tip if you're struggling is to just use the slider to get roughly where you want to be then arrow your way over.

I’m not gonna lie, the new clothing menu kinda sucks ass. It seems like a unnecessary change that simply made things more difficult. 

For one, as others have pointed out switch between the freecam and the menu is janky and difficult. Between that and how slow the slider is, I probably just gave up on fixing outfits 3 or 4 times last night. 

The new menu also removed the ability to get Peds and in turn, people with Peds can’t switch back.

now I get the idea of a new menu sounds great, But I’m a little wary about how much effort is being put into changing core parts of the game mode. Especially since some of the changes just seem clunky and bad. That’s obviously just my opinion though.

15 hours ago, knppel said:

Toggling is not a solution as a majority won't effectively do it and be unresponsive in shops, try it out.

I'm not nit-picking about the store's convenience here- which could be better too but it'sokay enough and works, that it is not the point- but about the default settings.

Where obviously for an rp server, and "roleplay at all times" is a rule, the design should not just enable that with a simple click, but implement it as a default setting one cannot accidentaly circumvent (except by crashing the game and thus being booted from the server).

That's exactly what you're doing, though.

Just add a tooltip saying "Press F4" to toggle your chat on and off.", easy as.

Or just you know, design it in a way that doesn't hide the chat making people think shopping is more of an ooc thing, on a rp server.

Tooltips also tell peopleto not drive like morons. Does it work? Just my two cents on this.

In some cases it is good to be demanding to the player.

In this case not, even if one click isn't demanded much- it is not common knowledge, even if we argue for 10 more pages and repeat F4 makes the chat visible.

Last but not least, as was stated above already, even IF everyone knew and took it in account to re-enable their chat everytime they open the shop again and again, it's an extra hurden to enable us to stay ic (which, I might remind again, is required at all times by the rules, in theory).

Just stop defending it, honestly.

I like the new clothing menu. It feels modern and you can go through options much faster with the slider rather than constantly pressing the arrow keys. Clothing IDs also save when you select a different outfit which is extremely helpful.

One thing I'd suggest is to rename clothes categories and split them into subcategories. So, for example, for tops and bottoms, it would look something like this:

• Tops (previously known as shirts):
    • T-shirts
    • Sweatshirts (includes pullovers, hoodies, fleeces, etc.)
    • Polos (includes cardigans, etc.)
    • Dresses & Jumpsuits (females only)
    • Coats & Trenches
    • etc.
  • Bottoms (previously known as pants):
    • Sweatpants
    • Jeans (includes slim, skinny, regular, etc.)
    • Pants (includes lounge/casual, wide-legs, slacks, chino, smart pants, etc.)
    • Shorts (includes skirts for females only)
    • Swimwear
    • etc.

This is probably extremely difficult to implement, and likely not worth all the effort from developers, but it would make clothes shopping a lot simpler, less time-consuming and straight to the point. 

One downside I see to this is that some clothes need to be under different categories (i.e. some jeans need to be under undershirts because they require you to select the invisible pants in order to work). What I'd do here is create a subcategory called "Others" and drop the needed clothes there.

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Florida said:

I like the new clothing UI, works fine for me.

I do like it as well; initially I thought it was a bit weird to use, but I've gotten used to it since then. 

I love the fact it saves the clothing ID of whatever your character's wearing so you can have a reference. 

We need:

- allowing us to move our character (not the camera)

- allowing us to read and type while we select the clothes.

- Don't close the menu after buying an outfit.

- Quick outfit change, allowing us to change outfit like jewelry script does, I would like this slider to be in the first menu next to clothes and not a different menu.

Now I'm going to talk about the barbershop menu.

We need:

- Being able to move our character freely, or fix the camera, zooming is a headache and rotating the camera is another headache.

- Fixing bug with damn chest hair after purchase.

- More intuitive clothing change/purchase option, we don't need a pop-up menu, please include it with the first one.

- Fix the bug when you try to buy a haircut above ID20, you pay for it but it is not saved.

The clothing menu is better than before, but we need some quality of life updates, it's tedious rn.

Edited by Jennie
  • Wuhtah locked this topic