Revert to the old clothing shop menu or make it like the plastic surgeon.

Short description: Revert to the old clothing shop menu.

Detailed description: The slider system does not work as intended when you have a slider of about 20cm but have 561 clothing items to browse through. 1mm mouse movements get you 5 clothes ahead, its simply a horrible way to navigate at the moment. The old menu wasn't perfect, but it was better than this. We are also missing the chat, resulting in missing any RP done with us which does happen in a clothes store.

OR make it optional, like the plastic surgeons where you can choose between the UI and /surgery.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: The old clothing style menu

How would your suggestion improve the server? Quality of Life Improvement

Additional information: please.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson

You are still able to move through the options one by one though. If you want to check out the 200th ID you can just move the slider around there and click the left or right button a few times instead of pressing an arrow key 200 times. I think this is a much better alternative and it is a much more modern one as well. 

I do agree with the chat part, the menu should be moved so that the chat is visible as well. Same (and especially) for mechanic garages. 

• Upvote 1

I don't see how this is urgent or game breaking. I'd much rather move the slider to <5 IDs away and then click the buttons than spend 20 minutes giving myself carpal tunnel clicking through 300+ options one by one.

No thank you, keep it.

• Upvote 1

Just click on the slider and then start moving through the items with the arrows just like before. As for the chat thing, I noticed this before in a garage shop and it really hindered my RP when I was being talked to by the garage owner or on the radio/phone. Maybe add an option to make the menu invisible by pressing F3/F4 and then bringing it back by pressing it again without actually closing the menu.

The concept of outright removing the new menu really diminishes the effort that's been poured by the developers into making it. Your suggestion neither is urgent nor is game-breaking as declared in your tags.

Those hereunder can be used if dragging the slider is going to cause you issues even though it's a really solid option to quickly skip through the options instead of strenuously tapping the arrow buttons on your keyboard to get to your 400th slot. 

tVIdoF8.png

I don't mind users having both options, a command for the old one and an option to use the new UI — sure, that's fine with me. 

Edited by Monster.
  • Applaud 1
23 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Short description: Revert to the old clothing shop menu.

Detailed description: The slider system does not work as intended when you have a slider of about 20cm but have 561 clothing items to browse through. 1mm mouse movements get you 5 clothes ahead, its simply a horrible way to navigate at the moment. The old menu wasn't perfect, but it was better than this. We are also missing the chat, resulting in missing any RP done with us which does happen in a clothes store.

OR make it optional, like the plastic surgeons where you can choose between the UI and /surgery.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: The old clothing style menu

How would your suggestion improve the server? Quality of Life Improvement

Additional information: please.

I think its a sensitivity problem, I'm able to drag one at a time. Also press F7 to see the chat and type.

• ThatDutchPerson changed the title to Revert to the old clothing shop menu or make it like the plastic surgeon.
  • Nervous locked this topic