Rolling during a shootout

I avoid rolling, I'd be very annoyed if my shootout opponent did it to win the gun-fight as it does indeed feel very unrealistic to do a roll, especially if they do multiple rolls, perfectly executed whilst being shot at.

I just wish GTA V had a way to simply crouch without having to type out a very long animation, and being able to walk around crouched, as you're not always next to the cover you want to use to hide behind. I think if crouching was somehow implemented, perhaps people will be less upset once rolling is removed.

Because yes, rolling does need to go. Or at the very least, abuse of rolling during a gun-fight should be considered powergaming.

uhm excuse me but my character learned how to roll in a gunfight bc she watched some dark souls 3 gameplay online on youtube and i think if u cannot shoot me bc ur aim sucks bc im such an epic gamer and epic shooter then i think u should get good lol!!!!!!!!! stupid cop rpers get better aim! nvr catch me slippin ill be slippin around the floor breakdance style firing my draco while u cry on forums lole!!! go forum report me nerds stay mad!!!!

• Upvote 1

I feel as if removing this would restrict roleplay / realism in a gunfight if anything. I personally have never done it, although I do give respect to the players that are skilled enough to do such, as long as their characters development has the proper type of training which would allow them to have such instincts. (Private Security, Police, Etc.). Although I can see how it can be abused. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 9:02 PM, LoLo.Jpg said:

I feel as if removing this would restrict roleplay / realism in a gunfight if anything. I personally have never done it, although I do give respect to the players that are skilled enough to do such, as long as their characters development has the proper type of training which would allow them to have such instincts. (Private Security, Police, Etc.). Although I can see how it can be abused. 

nobody on the planet has the proper type of training which would allow them to do a barrel roll mid-shootout.

it doesn't fucking happen. this isn't john wick.

Edited by NickyW
  • Upvote 2
  • Jeff_ locked this topic