Rewrite the Entire Hunting & Animal Protection Act of 2021

2 hours ago, Sha'a Gi said:

A panther is not a mountain lion and I am confused anybody would assert that.

Unless there is a place people call Mountains Lions/Cougars/Pumas also Panthers....which are also called Jaguars.

So I just looked on the US Fish and Wildlife site All the same animal as far as they're concerned. Puma Concolor. And that's everything from Mountain Lion to Cougar to Puma to Panther. Which I assume when you're splitting the hairs, you're bringing up the subspecies called the Florida Panther. All the same animal

Now, Jaguars which is the species Panthera Onca, are also native to North America have seen an increased comeback and have moved into northern Mexico and even have been seen in South West Texas and Arizona. But as far as a stable population, it's few and far between. They mostly reside in Central and South America.

The two are close in relation. But they're not quite the same species. And the biggest way to tell the difference is members of the Puma Concolor family are single color, and the members of the Panthera Onca family have spots over a single color.

I realize this is wikipedia, and anyone can edit, yeah. But here's the differences listed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar

I am saddened to see that an IC matter is one again trying to be regulated OOCly. If you are a hunting professional and don't like this bill, bring it up to senate, I don't see where the OOC problem is. "ItS UnREaLiStIc" -> Are you driving a Vapid IRL? Do you earn 30k per week or a 800$ per hour pay, as a middle class man?

There are so many things that have been altered in GTA:W to fit the game and well, because after all it's only a game and the server has to be adapted to everyone. If it really bothers you ICly, bring it up ICly. If it bothers you OOCly and you cba bringing it up ICly, I don't even see why it's on the table. 

Also, for the sake of respecting other people's work, immediate bashing on everything new has to stop.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

So I just looked on the US Fish and Wildlife site All the same animal as far as they're concerned. Puma Concolor. And that's everything from Mountain Lion to Cougar to Puma to Panther. Which I assume when you're splitting the hairs, you're bringing up the subspecies called the Florida Panther. All the same animal

Now, Jaguars which is the species Panthera Onca, are also native to North America have seen an increased comeback and have moved into northern Mexico and even have been seen in South West Texas and Arizona. But as far as a stable population, it's few and far between. They mostly reside in Central and South America.

The two are close in relation. But they're not quite the same species. And the biggest way to tell the difference is members of the Puma Concolor family are single color, and the members of the Panthera Onca family have spots over a single color.

I realize this is wikipedia, and anyone can edit, yeah. But here's the differences listed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar

Maybe I should be more clear instead of comedic,

In the US, a "panther" usually refers to a Jaguar which iirc is in GTA's files and thus was specified and called a Panther. A mountain lion might be called a lot of things including a panther, but that is by far the least common name. The mountain lion model is also in game and needs to be legislated separately as a different animal for obvious reasons. For starters the "Panther" would automatically be a critically endangered animal as opposed to a cougar. 

They're different, they're different in game, the writer of the bill might've used rushed language but the difference is required.

Edited by Sha'a Gi
15 hours ago, HappyPancake said:

I am saddened to see that an IC matter is one again trying to be regulated OOCly. If you are a hunting professional and don't like this bill, bring it up to senate, I don't see where the OOC problem is. "ItS UnREaLiStIc" -> Are you driving a Vapid IRL? Do you earn 30k per week or a 800$ per hour pay, as a middle class man?

There are so many things that have been altered in GTA:W to fit the game and well, because after all it's only a game and the server has to be adapted to everyone. If it really bothers you ICly, bring it up ICly. If it bothers you OOCly and you cba bringing it up ICly, I don't even see why it's on the table. 

Also, for the sake of respecting other people's work, immediate bashing on everything new has to stop.

The OOC is that it was not handled as any IC bill would normally be handled. It was rushed out the door to meet a server update. Thus it was not given time for discussion and communication with people that are knowledgeable. I rp'd a senator several times on LSRP and missing those steps directly leads to stuff like this. Which is why there are supposed to be set minimum times for discussions and voting.  

• Upvote 1