Helmets and Crimes

So over the years I noticed something that was always weird/unimmerssive to me. What are youe thoughts on wearing motorcycle helmets, dirt bike helmets, etc. while committing crimes? I usually see this with people trying to break into cars or do robberies... With the visor down... In my case at night cus I'm American so looks even more silly. To me it just seems really dumb and p2w. Plenty of ways to conceal your face on v even with the variant limitations on masks, why go for the laziest approach? It don't seem any less suspicious. I see it even with people that don't have a bike. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Momo's Revenge said:

So over the years I noticed something that was always weird/unimmerssive to me. What are youe thoughts on wearing motorcycle helmets, dirt bike helmets, etc. while committing crimes? I usually see this with people trying to break into cars or do robberies... With the visor down... In my case at night cus I'm American so looks even more silly. To me it just seems really dumb and p2w. Plenty of ways to conceal your face on v even with the variant limitations on masks, why go for the laziest approach? It don't seem any less suspicious. I see it even with people that don't have a bike. 

Not to mention one thing, helmet can be quite heavy and ofc your awareness and field of view is limited when wearing it. Simply because it is meant for one thing only. Riding a bike and as protection.

I honestly haven’t ridden a motorbike in my life and never wore a helmet with a visor. I’m assuming the visor is tinted anyways so especially if you’re robbing at night, it’d be even darker in the wearers perspective.

If someone wants to use a helmet to portray a very very not-so-smart criminal, accurately portraying its downsides and possibly getting frustrated with it just to develop their criminal record/background, sure. Otherwise, there’s other face coverings to use.

6 minutes ago, Zani said:

I honestly haven’t ridden a motorbike in my life and never wore a helmet with a visor. I’m assuming the visor is tinted anyways so especially if you’re robbing at night, it’d be even darker in the wearers perspective.

If someone wants to use a helmet to portray a very very not-so-smart criminal, accurately portraying its downsides and possibly getting frustrated with it just to develop their criminal record/background, sure. Otherwise, there’s other face coverings to use.

First of all, helmet designed for speedbikes, which people use mostly,  is heavy. It's only purpose is to protect your skull. So stuff you see in the movies, belongs just there, in the movies.

Edited by Engelbert
7 minutes ago, Zani said:

I don't ride often but I've spent my fair share of time on dirt bikes and four-wheelers IRL, people underestimate what it's like to walk around with one of those helmets on. We're talking an extra 3-4 pounds centered around your head, it feels fine enough when your on a bike but once you try to go about normal life things become a bit awkward if your not used to it. 

Obviously the Brazilian style dirt bike robberies are fucking aids and should be removed but sports bikes and the helmet/mask meta is honestly just as abused, not for crime but for MGing and just stupid OOC shit. People ride around on sports bikes just seeing what's going on around the map, that in and of itself isn't an issue. The issue starts when they use they're mask/helmet meta to throw fear out the window, riding up directly to groups to circle them very obviously to see nametags just to ride off.

To me? This is very clear and basic rule play and NVFL. People know that the mask/matching outfit/helmet/bike meta gives them a 99% chance of escaping any possible harm. They can be in and out before anyone initiates RP and the mask/outfit prevents them from possibly being identified for future retaliation. They know this and so they throw realism out the window.

I don't know about you, but regardless of what I'm wearing or riding I'm never going to ride straight up to a group of men standing in an abandon parking lot late at night or into a dead end cul de sac full of gangbangers. There's 0 reason to do so, just because you can and just because your ass is covered by the rules aren't valid reasons either. Yes this is a game, but we're all playing on an RP server for a reason; if your going to do shit, just cause ain't enough.

I know it would definitely feel heavy. My point was generally it shouldn’t be allowed. I’d be okay with someone doing it for a first time because they’re really inexperienced and realized just how bad an idea it was to do it, possibly getting frustrated to the point where they even take it off and ditch it.

but ... maybe it’s just better if we disallow them during crimes completely (when applicable, such as break ins, GTA, etc)

The case mentioned above with the cul de sac. I was in a situation like that, when I had to pinpoint an exact person, I was only told what they wear and where they hang out. But I used camera for zoom and hid myself across the road on a roof, cause that made more sense to me than driving a bike up front to them and speed away.

I thought that was the obviously good way to do it - get a camera and pick them out from a far knowing what their face looks like. Who the fuck just rides up to people on a motorcycle to identify them? This isn't just metagaming or a rule breach, this is a lack of braincells.

Using a camera is safer, faster, allows you to hide behind a corner or some shit and you don't looks "sus as fuck". 

• Wuhtah locked this topic