Changes to the time spent in prison

1 hour ago, CertifiedKiller said:

That's not what he's saying. We shouldn't have OOC punishments for IC crimes, and currently jail-time feels more like a punishment OOCly than one ICly. Prison needs more flavor adding to it - more jail event, more on-duty guards to make it feel like a prison and not a desolate wasteland most of the time. It needs things to do at all times, not just at peak times. It needs scripted prison jobs for people to reduce their time - it needs a bit less reliance on player created roleplay, and has to give people the freedom to create their own roleplay when others arn't around, much like the rest of the server does.

I agree with you, it feels more like OOC punishment for IC crimes. And sometimes people who actually get admin jailed or banned for specific amount of time get unbanned or released earlier than players who did IC crime. For guards there will be always someone to RP with, but what about the inmates? Personally I waited around 6 hours or more for someone to show up and do proper RP. Even if the timer isn't increased to 10x or 5x, there should be atleast more stuff to do in prison like scripted prison jobs which may increase the amount of people to RP in prison and develop their characters in prison, rather than wait 17+ days OOCly.

22 minutes ago, Lomadias said:

Don't support this. I personally encourage passive RP during this time for some extra character development.

I know where you are coming from but you can't just passive RP for 5+ days. In my opinion what you are saying is true for people that get smaller sentences. For the others that get a long amount of time It's just unbearable, gets boring really quick.

Just now, JahWaterson said:

I know where you are coming from but you can't just passive RP for 5+ days. In my opinion what you are saying is true for people that get smaller sentences. For the others that get a long amount of time It's just unbearable, gets boring really quick.

5+ days with no RP at all? Not even 20-30 minutes a day? Is your timezone just not matching up with the others?

It's unfortunate but I'm definitely against adjusting the timer. Downplays prison completely, whereas I think it should be a core experience for the character.

Perhaps a suggestion thread with some more things to do in prison might go a way to improve this in future? I'm unsure what's in there already but script jobs/events with things to do, perhaps earning small prison wage for doing so. I think a lot of prison time could be for self reflection and building, perhaps some systems to encourage that might be nice, completing tasks that might have the warden release you early for good behaviour and commitment to change.

2 minutes ago, Lomadias said:

5+ days with no RP at all? Not even 20-30 minutes a day? Is your timezone just not matching up with the others?

It's unfortunate but I'm definitely against adjusting the timer. Downplays prison completely, whereas I think it should be a core experience for the character.

Perhaps a suggestion thread with some more things to do in prison might go a way to improve this in future? I'm unsure what's in there already but script jobs/events with things to do, perhaps earning small prison wage for doing so. I think a lot of prison time could be for self reflection and building, perhaps some systems to encourage that might be nice, completing tasks that might have the warden release you early for good behaviour and commitment to change.

Definitely agree with adding script jobs and being released earlier if you have good behaviour. As far as I know there aren't any script jobs in prison and good behaviour doesn't get you released any earlier. If some script jobs were to be implemented people can have something to do at any time.

This is can be an alternative to my suggestion.

7 minutes ago, Yoak said:

A thing that resinates in all of the "change prison time pls"

dont do the crime if you cant do the time

I don't get why you're replying as if it's me the actual person doing the crime. It's my character and he does different crimes for different reasons. If he gets caught he deserves to be punished but there's no reason the punishment should feel like It's more of an OOC one than IC.

I don't get why you're replying as if it's me the actual person doing the crime. It's my character and he does different crimes for different reasons. If he gets caught he deserves to be punished but there's no reason the punishment should feel like It's more of an OOC one than IC.

It's not an OOC punishment, it's an IC punishment. If you don't want to properly portray a criminal character I highly suggest you move to legal roleplay.

Just now, Yoak said:

It's not an OOC punishment, it's an IC punishment. If you don't want to properly portray a criminal character I highly suggest you move to legal roleplay.

I'm not saying it is an OOC punishment, I'm saying it feels like one. If properly portraying a criminal character in jail is sitting AFK in a cell or at a table then you're right. I'm saying that at the moment there's pretty much nothing you can do in prison. If you don't believe me on how empty the prison actually is I can provide different screen shots.

I'm not saying it is an OOC punishment, I'm saying it feels like one. If properly portraying a criminal character in jail is sitting AFK in a cell or at a table then you're right. I'm saying that at the moment there's pretty much nothing you can do in prison. If you don't believe me on how empty the prison actually is I can provide different screen shots.

I don't really understand how you can find no roleplay in the prison. When are you logging in server time? There are always deputies on and if not you can request one. I can understand the odd hour here and there but usually it's popping.

• Wuhtah locked this topic