Changes to the time spent in prison

3 minutes ago, Yoak said:

I don't really understand how you can find no roleplay in the prison. When are you logging in server time? There are always deputies on and if not you can request one. I can understand the odd hour here and there but usually it's popping.

I'm on right now and as you can see the jail is empty.

17 minutes ago, JahWaterson said:

Definitely agree with adding script jobs and being released earlier if you have good behaviour. As far as I know there aren't any script jobs in prison and good behaviour doesn't get you released any earlier. If some script jobs were to be implemented people can have something to do at any time.

This is can be an alternative to my suggestion.

My only concern is making it "too easy" to get out. I think it would have to be balanced carefully because it's vital to have your character serve time, without it being completely pointless. It should be a fundamental part of a characters roleplay, not a simple hinderance.

Having "do X script job for X minutes" just introduces more problems and demotes roleplay, so it'd need a happy medium.

4 minutes ago, Yoak said:

I don't really understand how you can find no roleplay in the prison. When are you logging in server time? There are always deputies on and if not you can request one. I can understand the odd hour here and there but usually it's popping.

Your logic is that he should rp only with guards? He's talking about the inmates not the guards, usually for guards there will be always someone/something to rp with. I agree that 10x time when rping is not needed, but scroll up or in different pages to see the suggestions about the script jobs and etc. Rather than saying timer is not needed, read the other suggestions up where it could benifit both activity and for players to develop their characters without spending their 17+ days OOCly. Yes when people do criminal stuff ICly and get caught, they deserve their sentence ICly. But there is no need to feel like OOC punishment than anything else as I said earlier sometimes players who get admin jailed or even banned for period of time get released earlier/unbanned than people in prison. What's the difference? Well both spent their time mostly OOCly since of mentioned reasons above and other comments, but them getting off even earlier.

1 minute ago, Lomadias said:

My only concern is making it "too easy" to get out. I think it would have to be balanced carefully because it's vital to have your character serve time, without it being completely pointless. It should be a fundamental part of a characters roleplay, not a simple hinderance.

Having "do X script job for X minutes" just introduces more problems and demotes roleplay, so it'd need a happy medium.

It should be balanced and give more chances to RP and character development but either way stuff have to be added, since as he said, "It feels more like OOC punishment".

• Wuhtah locked this topic