Changes to the time spent in prison

Major NO SUPPORT

You should not need another multiplier to encourage you to spend your time that you deserve in the TTCF. As two members of SD have already commented I wont speak on their behalf but I for one know the prison is active. The thing with this servers side of illegal players, they really need to realise how easy they have it with the 3x sentence speed. If you lose motivation because you got caught, willing doing a crime, then I don't think illegal roleplay is for you OP.

12 minutes ago, Yoak said:

Major NO SUPPORT

You should not need another multiplier to encourage you to spend your time that you deserve in the TTCF. As two members of SD have already commented I wont speak on their behalf but I for one know the prison is active. The thing with this servers side of illegal players, they really need to realise how easy they have it with the 3x sentence speed. If you lose motivation because you got caught, willing doing a crime, then I don't think illegal roleplay is for you OP.

Echoing this. Prison roleplay (when done correctly) is fucking great and whoever thinks otherwise should be banned.

2 minutes ago, Yoak said:

Major NO SUPPORT

His point is that most of the time, 90% (DEPENDING ON THE TIMEZONE) there are not players in prison, which leads to less RP and that cringe ass /melows that makes no sense just to get less time. It feels more like an OOC punishment than anything else. Imagine people who get sentenced for 17+ days IRL, they decide to spent their time OOCly because there are not players. I mean who wants to spent 17 days IG, when most of the time there is no one to RP with which decreases the amount of players who got a long period of sentence. And of course, the people who get 1,3 days can get easily out with 3x time, but they do these /melows bullshit, because most of the time there is no to RP with.  I am sorry to say this but people who get admin jailed or banned can get out/appeal earlier than people who get like half a month sentence IRL. Of course for SD is much more RP than inmates (Most of the time). I agree that 10x time is ALOT, but it can be made maximum to 5x or atleast make something that encourages people to RP in prison more and have much more stuff to do than just decide to wait OOCly and feel more like a punishment than anything. I understand that people who get a long period of time, probably get arrested with a assault rifle and lot of killed people, but at the end of the day we are all people who I guess won't spent 17 days OR more IG with nobody most of the time. And if we being honest, most of the people who are commented were SD, I understand that people should not go for less time and it can be frustrating but what's the point when for inmates and players like that feel more punished than anything. (NOT SAYING ALL PLAYERS FEEL LIKE THAT, JUST A COMMON PROBLEM)

1 hour ago, honey. said:

Honestly there is no need for this. Unfortunately, there will always be times where there are not as many players in the jail, as well as the server as a whole. By cutting down jail-times or letting more RNG dictate someone's experience will only further squander the possibilities for jail.

Last month, March, in the jail, we had 840 total hours between faction members of LSSD. The average inmate count after 6pm was usually anywhere between 5-20. This is the most consistent inmates have been since December 2020 and the most jail hours clocked by deputies. Activity is on the rise, but the jail still falls under the same "hot time" zones as the rest of the server.

There is a reason that the times are they way they are at the moment, it has been discussed time and time again but it always comes back to the same crossroad.

I don't think increasing the timer will do anything meaningful to be honest. There is already a 3x timer and there are always going to be times where the jail is emptier simply because of players being in different time zones. If someone doesn't like jail, they aren't going to log on whether its a 3x timer or a 10x timer. They'll just play a different character until their time is up. It's a sad fact, but that's the way it is.

Only way to change this is to force people to RP their jail sentence, even if its a small % of it. Even so, then you have the issue of whether or not RP quality will go down because people are now being forced to do something they don't want to do. I wish the mentality would change where people think they can be criminals and not have to RP their consequences just because they don't enjoy jail RP, but thus is the case here with a lot of sub-quality illegal role players. I'm not saying all illegal RP'ers are bad but there are quite a few, so don't bite my head off for that statement. I'm fairly certain that a majority of serious illegal RP'ers who enjoy jail wouldn't mind being required to spend a small portion IC for their jail sentence. This would at least help with the jail population and hopefully raise the amount of people inside during the slower times where there are generally less people online.

Edited by Sixty
On 4/9/2021 at 7:08 AM, Fancy Toothpaste said:

To quote my favourite obscure 70's detective show, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime!"

On a serious note: what you purpose basically means I could steal a car and be out in the time it'd take me to roleplay washing my hands.

That's not what he's saying. We shouldn't have OOC punishments for IC crimes, and currently jail-time feels more like a punishment OOCly than one ICly. Prison needs more flavor adding to it - more jail event, more on-duty guards to make it feel like a prison and not a desolate wasteland most of the time. It needs things to do at all times, not just at peak times. It needs scripted prison jobs for people to reduce their time - it needs a bit less reliance on player created roleplay, and has to give people the freedom to create their own roleplay when others arn't around, much like the rest of the server does.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic