Changes to the time spent in prison

Short description: Change the time spent in prison, half the current times or change that the time goes x10 faster when rping.

Detailed description: As an illegal rper I have been in jail countless of times and I have to say that 90% at the time there is no one to rp with. Most of the people that are sent to jail for a long time don't rp at all and just wait for the time to pass OOCly, they also lose motivation to rp after they get out or quit it all together. Cutting the time you spend in half from the current system or changing that the time goes x10 faster while rping would fix this problem.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? This suggestion would improve the activity of the server in prison and make it fun, at the moment IC jail seems like an OOC jail, it's very boring and seems like it punishes you OOC'ly too.

Additional information: Any comments and different ideas to my suggestion are greatly appreciated.

• Upvote 1

You shouldn't need a 10x modifier to roleplay in prison - if there's no roleplay going on it, you can improve that by roleplaying with the people around you  and being the change that you seem to believe needs to happen.

Incentivising "roleplay" will just lead to people throwing out short /me's every minute or two that make no sense to pass their time down quicker.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JahWaterson said:

You can't rp when there's no one around you.

Then how would you manage to roleplay to meet this 10x timer you propose?  Does it suddenly become possible when it means your character is going to get out of their IC punishment earlier?

Just now, JahWaterson said:

The timer would encourage more people to rp in jail.

But you've just said there's nobody there to roleplay with?  Who are we encouraging?

(the point I'm making here - if there's people there to roleplay they should  be roleplaying and not thinking about how to get out of roleplaying in prison for the period of their character's sentence)

Jail is active enough and I keep myself in there intentionally for this reason.

The 3x timer is already enough as well, and your time goes while offline. If you get caught with an assault rifle, and have three bodies and get 10 IRL days? You deserve those 10 days. Jail also has IC politics so that's probably why you're not being interacted with.

22 minutes ago, JahWaterson said:

You can't rp when there's no one around you.

As someone who actively RP's in jail from SD's side, I can safely say there's almost always someone to rp with unless you're on at the worst times, when the server is the most inactive. I think sentences are already short enough as they are. It's a no from me.

Honestly there is no need for this. Unfortunately, there will always be times where there are not as many players in the jail, as well as the server as a whole. By cutting down jail-times or letting more RNG dictate someone's experience will only further squander the possibilities for jail.

Last month, March, in the jail, we had 840 total hours between faction members of LSSD. The average inmate count after 6pm was usually anywhere between 5-20. This is the most consistent inmates have been since December 2020 and the most jail hours clocked by deputies. Activity is on the rise, but the jail still falls under the same "hot time" zones as the rest of the server.

There is a reason that the times are they way they are at the moment, it has been discussed time and time again but it always comes back to the same crossroad.

• Wuhtah locked this topic