Attempt at a robbery gone wrong

Joanna

45 minutes ago, TrazyOtt said:

I feel like you choice the wrong person to put your attention on, you already had one guy on his knees. You could've used him by going behind the counter and placing the knife to his neck or something but now you know for next time to think about the situation before doing an action. RP is never going to be fair for criminals, so when we are in a situation we gotta literally think of every possibility

Yes, you're right. I acted too fast, I'll try this approach if something similar ever happens.

• Upvote 1

I always tell people to cover their asses. If you're doing something important or high risk, record it.

If you have a decently modern NVidia graphics card *Insert famous pic of Linus Torvalds* you can just simply have Instant Replay on, or even straight on record whole situations with a negligible performance impact on your game.

Have GTA:W Chatlogger active too.

• 3 weeks later...

I was "the lady". I am an employee at this store, I see you threatening the cashier with a knife and soon as you seen me you /ran/ towards me. I had a gun so obviously I used it. I even got it on shadowplay, don't play with fire if you don't want to get burned. If you would've RP'd with me I would've RP'd too but I can't know if you're trying to harm me when you literally run towards me with a knife in your hand. And obviously I left after shooting at you, why would I stay at the scene? You took it OOC'ly when there's no reason to. I am in the right both IC'ly and OOC'ly as you literally ran towards me with a knife. I don't have to RP taking the gun out as it's a handgun and no shotgun or whatsoever, neither am I DM hungry or something. In my entire time on GTA:W I pk'd like 3 people only. And why are you accusing me of metgaming? It's an opened store and anyone could've just walk in and witness this scenario, besides the fact I'm an employee there and I was trying to start my shift. Just like you didn't RP running towards me with your knife I didn't RP taking out my gun either as my character's life was in danger.
I do understand though, if I would've known your intentions of just roleplaying I wouldn't have gunned you down but how would I know when you run at me with your knife. We're not that different, I go on a RP server to roleplay too and I have to admit it wasn't the best of choices to gun you down, it was just one of those heat of the moment things I guess. If I made you mad I'm sorry but don't take IC situations OOC'ly, you're not your character and you shouldn't feel any way about it in person.
I get that it's frustrating but you have to understand my POV aswell, I assumed you're trying to stab me cause of you running towards me with a knife. Again; you can forum report me if that's what you want to do but I didn't do anything wrong. I would've preffered a nice RP scene over just gunning you down, but like I was saying it was a heat of the moment type thing.

Edited by kartoffel
On 4/24/2021 at 2:44 PM, kartoffel said:

I was "the lady". I am an employee at this store, I see you threatening the cashier with a knife and soon as you seen me you /ran/ towards me. I had a gun so obviously I used it. I even got it on shadowplay, don't play with fire if you don't want to get burned. If you would've RP'd with me I would've RP'd too but I can't know if you're trying to harm me when you literally run towards me with a knife in your hand. And obviously I left after shooting at you, why would I stay at the scene? You took it OOC'ly when there's no reason to. I am in the right both IC'ly and OOC'ly as you literally ran towards me with a knife. I don't have to RP taking the gun out as it's a handgun and no shotgun or whatsoever, neither am I DM hungry or something. In my entire time on GTA:W I pk'd like 3 people only. And why are you accusing me of metgaming? It's an opened store and anyone could've just walk in and witness this scenario, besides the fact I'm an employee there and I was trying to start my shift. Just like you didn't RP running towards me with your knife I didn't RP taking out my gun either as my character's life was in danger.
I do understand though, if I would've known your intentions of just roleplaying I wouldn't have gunned you down but how would I know when you run at me with your knife. We're not that different, I go on a RP server to roleplay too and I have to admit it wasn't the best of choices to gun you down, it was just one of those heat of the moment things I guess. If I made you mad I'm sorry but don't take IC situations OOC'ly, you're not your character and you shouldn't feel any way about it in person.
I get that it's frustrating but you have to understand my POV aswell, I assumed you're trying to stab me cause of you running towards me with a knife. Again; you can forum report me if that's what you want to do but I didn't do anything wrong. I would've preffered a nice RP scene over just gunning you down, but like I was saying it was a heat of the moment type thing.

I don't care about this as this happened ages ago and the character I played on don't exist anymore, but I do not remember running at you.

When you say I brought this OOCly, do you mean when I asked for advice to this? As a new player I don't see why that is a bad thing.

2 minutes ago, Naliz said:

I don't care about this as this happened ages ago and the character I played on don't exist anymore, but I do not remember running at you.

When you say I brought this OOCly, do you mean when I asked for advice to this? As a new player I don't see why that is a bad thing.

No I mean cause you went /b when I shot at you, but yeah again I'm sorry for it. Don't let this situation be an example of how RP is on this server. 

3 minutes ago, kartoffel said:

No I mean cause you went /b when I shot at you, but yeah again I'm sorry for it. Don't let this situation be an example of how RP is on this server. 

I gained a lot of experience since then and I still think it's funny how you chased me outside, you thirsty for real girl.

1 hour ago, Naliz said:

I gained a lot of experience since then and I still think it's funny how you chased me outside, you thirsty for real girl.

I discourage everyone from playing the robbing game as your primary means of income. Robbing people brings out the worst in both parties time and time and time again. With the 1 odd exception that happens once every blue moon.

Might just be me being cynical. But the first red flag should've been the fact it took them 2 whole minutes to reply to you. That right there instantly gives me vibes that that dude's on discord, teamspeak, whatever else there is and MG'ing like nobody's business. Coupled with the fact that when they did infact roleplay with you, this 3rd party appears out of thin air, by pure chance it seems to save the day. 

As others stated, there's great, grade A RP to be found. But from my personal opinion as someone who's been around for many years in a bunch of different communities. Robbery RP rarely if ever leads to it. You're far better off exploring other avenue's. 

3 hours ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

I discourage everyone from playing the robbing game as your primary means of income. Robbing people brings out the worst in both parties time and time and time again. With the 1 odd exception that happens once every blue moon.

Might just be me being cynical. But the first red flag should've been the fact it took them 2 whole minutes to reply to you. That right there instantly gives me vibes that that dude's on discord, teamspeak, whatever else there is and MG'ing like nobody's business. Coupled with the fact that when they did infact roleplay with you, this 3rd party appears out of thin air, by pure chance it seems to save the day. 

As others stated, there's great, grade A RP to be found. But from my personal opinion as someone who's been around for many years in a bunch of different communities. Robbery RP rarely if ever leads to it. You're far better off exploring other avenue's. 

So you're accusing me of MG'ing aswell? I've seen that the store's opened and I decided to get some RP for myself since like I've stated numerous times already I am employed at the very same store. Why would I give a fuck OOC'ly if some dude's getting robbed? If y'all would've had that much experience in terms of roleplaying like y'all are claiming to y'all would know that sometimes you just encounter these things. It could've been an on duty police officer stepping into the store as the robbery took place aswell. Everything I get from here is that this dude's salty about losing his 14k pawnshop knife after he ran towards me all masked up with the knife in his hand. Not like I stepped into the store and opened fire right away, I stood at the entrance observing the scene, I didn't get no emotes thrown my way but have this dude run up on me with a knife in his hand. So why exactly wouldn't I shoot? Y'all are so god damn hypersensitive when it comes to losing a situation, y'all the type of person to crash a plane and blame the road conditions. Besides all of that I myself said that /even though I didn't break any rules/ am sorry for how this took place but yet still I am being accused of MG'ing just cause this store clerk had the very same attitude in terms of having a damn P2W behavior like y'all do when he decided to stall. You own a gun to protect yourself, giving these circumstances of witnessing an armed robbery, having a masked knifeman /run/ up on you I think it's more than justified to pull your own gun in an attempt to save your own life. God damnit y'all got me fucked up writing this long ass shit

6 minutes ago, kartoffel said:

Rant

You need to chill. You're taking advice I'm giving to someone else and turning it into your own little fantasy.

I dunno who you're referring to with "Y'all". There's nobody else involved in this??

This is/was someone who had a genuine question as a new RP'er, and wanted to know stuff about it. If anybody wanted to go after you for whatever it is you did or didn't do. You'd be explaining yourself in player reports, which isn't the case. So again, why you're tripping so hard is beyond me.

All this is, is one guy offering advice to someone else. Something you're not even involved in in this stage.

I do hope your ranting helped you vent what was clearly a lot of stress. And I do hope in the future you'd stop for a second longer and interpret what is being said, rather than jump to conclusions 🙂

Enjoy the rest of your day.