Attempt at a robbery gone wrong

Joanna

Everything is good but the part where the citizen starts shooting you was poor. If she held you at gunpoint as a warning it would have made sense but as I understand she did not even try to warn you to keep your distance and decided to act the gangster way /pop out and pop off/.

Even if she's a gangster/criminal she can run before cops arrive but I see no reason she had to shoot you from the first place.

Edited by Kimo
14 hours ago, Naliz said:

I'm new here, only have been playing GTA RP for a week or maybe less. That's why I came to ask for help here, I don't want to make any mistake.

Okay, so I attempted a robbery at a 24/7 with a knife. I'm always trying to RP properly, especially when attempting any criminality. Lots of /me's and whatever else.

I got into the store, masked and everything. Area was clear, only one worker at the counter. Approached him and told him to get on his knees with his hands up, of course with a lot of descriptive /me's, he didn't respond to me for like 1-2 minutes. I was about to leave because of that, but then he answers and plays along with my RP, having fear. Some seconds after that, a lady enters the 24/7. Being scared, I instantly turned my attention to her, slowly approaching and was going to tell her the same thing, to secure her as well.

But instead, she pulls out a glock and sprays me down in a split second. With no interaction, no RP or /me's whatsoever. If I had tried to RP'd staying / talking at that spot I'd die immediately so I exited the building, trying to run off. But this lady was still chasing me outside the 24/7, finally shooting me down and wounded me.

Is this allowed? To just spray down someone like this without any interactions, I just want to know for future refences when I'm able to get a gun myself. I don't want to make any mistakes.

Anyway, it was kinda sus how she just showed up like that and her actions. I thought to myself they might have shared information OOCly. But that's beside the point because I don't have any video evidence (first time something like this happened, I wasn't prepared at all).

I /b told her after she wounded me: "Damn you don't even RP at all.." then all I was told was, "go to forum and report"..

Shrugged it off, and RP'd my damage. Ambulance and cops came, got 12 hours in jail and so on.

One funny thing tho, she didn't even stay at the scene to give the cops any information. After she had wounded me, she immediately left. Like what the hell!?

First thing to address just so someone doesn't report you for this in the future, did you get Admin permission to rob the business? I do believe that you have to submit a report to get permission to rob any business, including a 24/7.

@Brian3898 Can you confirm or deny? Last I knew this was still a thing but.... things change.

Everyone on this server has a PF gun, it doesn’t make any sense at all for every single one to have a PF gun, but I’m not complaining. The big problem is the inability to roleplay fear, you’ve got a sports car and a house in vinewood, you’ll be fine without your phone and 1200 dollars in cash, but that’s never enough for these people. They run away instead, and when they get killed, they swear it’s no fault of their own. 

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Brian3898 said:

This to me really boils down to poor escalation of conflicts. Let's assume for a second that this person was a well-meaning, PF and CCW wielding concerned citizen merely attempting to help the clerk by holding you at gunpoint to stop your robbery.

To me and to most people who enjoy roleplay over the "So I started blasting" mentality, it would've been 100% sufficient to hold you at gunpoint, and if you are infact roleplaying to the best of your ability, being stood infront of a barrel of a loaded firearm would've likely been enough to stop you and de-escalate the robbery into a state where you're no longer a threat to those involved.

Your assailant didn't technically break a rule by scrolling a pistol, as that is allowed by the rules. But proceeding to a full blown shootout (and even chase, if infact your description is factual), shows me that the person really didn't put much effort into creating an interesting scene and instead took more pleasure in waving their CCW superiority by shooting you dead.

With this being said - the conduct shown by the citizen in this case would've likely made so their CCW license was revoked and charges put up against them, because according to the code you're supposed to use your weapon to de-escalate conflicts, something that was clearly achieved the second you ran out of the store, so one could say that the fact that the person ran was due to the IC knowledge of "If I stay here, I'll be deemed guilty and charged". So in essence, this was a crime to stop a crime.

I personally agree with you that the conduct shown here by the citizen was absolutely poor in terms of roleplay quality, you could cite poor escalation, deathmatching and even powergaming to an extent, depending on how much of a threat you were to them the moment they decided to scroll a weapon.

My advice to you in the future is be ready to record events that might result in rulebreaking, robberies are often hot beds for breaches of common courtesy, powergaming, metagaming and deathmatching, so be wise and keep the camera rolling when engaging in these sorts of scenarios.

Yes, it's factual. It almost felt like I was back playing Valorant again, she really wanted me dead that's for sure haha. Thanks for your insight as well, I took your advice and enabled nVidia ShadowPlay on my computer now.

4 hours ago, Sixty said:

First thing to address just so someone doesn't report you for this in the future, did you get Admin permission to rob the business? I do believe that you have to submit a report to get permission to rob any business, including a 24/7.

@Brian3898 Can you confirm or deny? Last I knew this was still a thing but.... things change.

Oh, no I didn't request admin permission. I thought that was only for bigger properties when there's a lot more people involved.

Edited by Naliz
4 hours ago, Sixty said:

Can confirm, business robberies require admin permission before they're allowed.

1 hour ago, Naliz said:

The more you know, good thing I created this thread.

I can tell you that if you had explained the situation to the officers who handled the situation + /do's regarding that you were shot in the back (if the case is that you were running away, you must have been shot in the back) + the cameras that all 24/7 stores have rule-wise, the person who shot you would have been charged with, at least, two to three different felonies.

Sounds to me like what happened regarding OP's post was an instance of an individual who was looking to play hero as opposed to doing what 99% of normal human beings do by calling the cops to the situation.

An unfortunately common thing that occurs in GTA:W despite the unrealistic nature. The only real counter to a concealed carry citizen looking to be a one-man hero is, well; a gun of your own sadly.

Not a lot someone can do when they've got a gun pointed at them to say the least; no matter what kind of firearm.

23 hours ago, Naliz said:

I just had a knife, don't think I was an immediate threat TBF. But damn I just cant help to feel like criminals have it so hard.

I feel like you choice the wrong person to put your attention on, you already had one guy on his knees. You could've used him by going behind the counter and placing the knife to his neck or something but now you know for next time to think about the situation before doing an action. RP is never going to be fair for criminals, so when we are in a situation we gotta literally think of every possibility