[LSNN] Republican Senator Kevin Seong: "Rudy Benson was a very solid candidate with a bipartisan mindset, who was sadly left out of the final list."

Ace_

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Republican Senator Kevin Seong: "Rudy Benson was a very solid candidate with a bipartisan mindset, who was sadly left out of the final list."

BY DENNIS SIDWELL

Los Santos, SA - On the 5th of April, 2021, at 5 pm, the LSNN team conducted an interview with Republican Senator Kevin Seong. This is the written version of the interview which was held on air, in the LSNN studio.

Dennis Sidwell: Mister Seong, welcome to the LSNN studio.

Kevin Seong: Thanks for having me, Dennis.

Dennis Sidwell: Senator Seong, let's talk politics, shall we?

Kevin Seong: Coincidentally, that is my favorite topic.

Dennis Sidwell: Yeah? I wouldn't of guessed, considering the fact that you're a politician!

Kevin Seong: Heh.

Dennis Sidwell: Seong, the inauguration was held yesterday. You are now a Senator officially. The elections are behind you. What are your expectations from the Senate now? Secretary of State Chang has said "it's time to get to work now".

Kevin Seong: I am very hopeful of what we will achieve this session of the Senate. As a Republican, I am proud of what we've achieved in the previous session of the Senate. However there's a lot of work to be done. What is different this time around is the fact that we're bringing in a lot of different fields of expertise. Over the past years we have seen nothing but meaningless restricting of the second amendment rights of the our citizens. You know, I watched that interview with Senator Beqiri last week, Dennis. What Senator Beqiri said is un-American. It really ruffled the feathers of the people in the State. For those of you watching at home, who did not see it - Senator-Elect, at the time, Beqiri said and I quote: "I'd get rid of every single gun on earth." That's a very dangerous thing to say. At this moment, there is a lot of crime in the state, and a lot of citizens in our state, do not feel safe in their own house. That's why I have introduced the Stand Your Ground Bill earlier today. This enables citizens of San Andreas to protect their residences and their businesses from assailants trying to harm their families and their hard earned properties. 

Dennis Sidwell: We've had the chance to be a part of the elections period. To watch it and observe it. Are you personally satisfied with the said period? Furthermore, you've said that you're satisfied with the results. Even though the Republicans won by votes, standing at 457 votes, versus the Democrats who gained 445 votes in total, it is still five-five when it comes to seats in the Senate, therefore, is it really a win?

Kevin Seong: It was a great period and now it's our turn to live up to our campaign promises. The outcome however, that was unfortunate, being so close. But it does in, my opinion, reflect the state. We're very divided and the 5/5 split signifies that. The only thing that I want to comment on is the fact that Rudy Benson was passed on. Rudy Benson was a very solid candidate with a bipartisan mindset, who was sadly left out of the final list. I feel that there's a lack of willingness to be bipartisan coming from the other side of the aisle.

Dennis Sidwell: Why was Rudy Benson left out?

Kevin Seong: I wouldn't want to speculate as to what led to him being left out. One would think that this is a decision made after thorough consideration. So I'm sure they had their reasons. However to get back to your original line of questioning, the system as it was outlined by the cabinet, grants parties a seat per 10 percent attained. Hence why our 10 votes difference didn't lead to a 6-4 split. It's the way the law is, not much you can do about it. We were aware that this was a possible outcome when the results came in. But I still think it's a win for us all. I am all for fair elections, and that's what this was. So all the San Andreans won. Not just the Republicans or the Democrats.

Dennis Sidwell: Firearms accessibility. Considering the crime rate in Los Santos, don't you think that there's enough guns in Los Santos?

Kevin Seong: Yes and no. There is obviously a problem with crimes in Los Santos, and like I said in my campaign speech a few weeks ago, we need to better equip our law enforcement to deal with it. I have, however, brought a stat sheet from the ATF. According to the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, 95% of all illicit firearms in the state originate from where Dennis?

Dennis Sidwell: Here it says... 95% from external sources, 2.5% stolen licensed firearms, 2.5% other.

Kevin Seong: That's the ATF yearly report of 2019, for the State of San Andreas. People often associate legal firearms with illegal firearms. There is a huge market for illegal firearms, which are mostly imported from other states or different sources. Firearm reform would only hinder those who possess firearms for recreation, sport or personal protection. Not those who have bad intentions with their firearms. That's a problem of systemic hinderance of Law Enforcement. We need to enable them. Not hinder them. Otherwise we'll be the murder capitol of the world in the next few decades. 

Dennis Sidwell: As a Senator, can you tell us what do you have in mind as the first act in the Senate? What's the first thing that you will take care of?

Kevin Seong: My first act as a Senator has already been done. Today I introduced the Stand Your Ground Bill.

Dennis Sidwell: Who's your choice for next President Pro Tempore of the Senate?

Kevin Seong: Frank Ernst is the only logical pick. While I truly value Senator Jones, I think that continuing under Senator Ernst is the best way forward. Why? Senator Ernst has years under his belt. He knows how to lead a Senate the right way. With all the ambitions in the Senate, we need to hit the ground running, changing President Pro Tempore would only hinder the process.

Dennis Sidwell: Let's leave politics aside now. Who is Kevin Seong privately, away from all the cameras?

Kevin Seong: Well that's a good question, Dennis. I am born and raised in Little Seoul, I was a sport rifler back when I was a kid. I went to college at ULSA, with a major in Political Science. I played baseball in High School, I was an outfielder. That's all there is to me, really.

Dennis Sidwell: Kevin, it's been a pleasure to talk to you. Thank you for coming down to the studio today.

Kevin Seong: No, thank you for having me, Dennis.

Y8l4IDT.png

xI8d11c.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by YB
  • Upvote 3
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic