The Trucker Job

Guest Ingram

I have an overly simplistic view of the job. I will explain in short my view of how it should be, without any bugs, headaches and difficulties to script.

The job doesn't has any type of ranks nor you required to buy a truck unless you want, there are spawned trucks and trailers around the map. It's based on resells of cargo and not regular built checkpoints missions, that's to not get bored of it and have an open world of trucking.

In order to get the job you've to head to the Jetsam headquarter of Los Santos port, I find this spot the most suitable place to get the job.

rsz_1rsz_1grand_theft_auto_v_screenshot_

Port of Los Santos is shipping goods, metal, oil, mails et cetera

In the port are parked random trucks and trailers, each truck and trailer has it's route. The trucker collects the cargo from different factories and industries and around the docks and delivers them between businesses, facilities, industries and the docks using a PDA feature. 

rsz_1rsz_grand_theft_auto_v_screenshot_2

Trucker PDA

rsz_1rsz_grand_theft_auto_v_screenshot_2 rsz_1rsz_grand_theft_auto_v_screenshot_2 rsz_1rsz_grand_theft_auto_v_screenshot_2 

Mules & Vans: eggs, meal, beverages, cereal, fruits, seeds, clothes et cetera

Boxvilles & Bensons : steel, gunpowder, materials, goods or heavier cargo.

Trailers: vehicles, loose, liquids, aggregate, malt, metal, woods, car parts, fuel, milk, goods, brick

Each truck and trailer has it's own capacity of cargo to load.

Examples,

1. You picked a Phantom truck and attached an abandoned empty trailer at the port. typed /pda and received a display of all industries and business types.

The trailer may contain up to 1,000 crates cargo while a van, mule or other truck contains less cargo slots, depending what cargo, some cargos may take more slots, so you may decide what cargo you'd like to deliver, some trailers may not carry commodities such as loose, fuel, vehicles, woods so they have their own trailers. For example, you want to deliver some heavy appliances, 1 appliance takes 50 cargo slots.

Example of goods industries:

Industries and factories that delivers goods commodities.

Grapeseed Cow Farm - Processing of milk & eggs

CMC - Central Milling Company of Cereal and meal

Union Grain Farm - seeds and wheat & Milk

Pißwasser Beverages

(each part of the processing are at different location, for example Milk is at West farm while Eggs are at East farm, so are other kind of commodities.)

Industries and businesses that accepts goods commodities.

Nervous' Bar & Grill

Port of Los Santos West Docks (Overseas shipment of beverages, frozen meal, cereal, seeds and wheat)

Up-n-Atom Burger

Select the industry you'd like to buy the cargo. 

Example, 

I opened the PDA and I would like to deliver Beverages and Meal to Nervous' Bar & Grill, Eggs and Milk to other location.

Select Grapeseed Cow Farm to collect Milk and Eggs and get a description of the industry -

(The stock of the industry is being refreshed every 24hrs.)

Welcome to, Grapeseed Cow Farm

The industry is currently OPEN.

For Sale:                         Price:              In Stock:

Eggs (West Farm)          50$ a crate    500/500 crates 

Milk (East Farm)            100$ a crate  0/350 crates

Wait a moment, I see the Milk is out of stock, let's head to a different farm.

Welcome to, The Union Grain Farm.

The industry is currently OPEN.

For Sale:                          Price:                  In Stock:

Seeds (North Farm)       15$ a crate         150/200 crates 

Wheat (East Farm)         20$ a crate         80/100 crates 

Milk (East Farm)             120$ a crate       250/500 crates

A little bit expensive, but that's alright, still can make a profit of it.

Now we have to collect some Meal,

Let's choose CMC, it's quite close but a little bit more expensive than anything too far

Welcome to,  CMC - Central Milling Company.

The industry is currently OPEN.

For Sale:                          Price:                 In Stock:

Cereal                             100$ a crate     200/200 crates 

Meal                                50$ a crate       80/100 crates 

Last step, we need to buy some beverages, let's get to Pißwasser Beverages or any other company.

After you've bought and loaded the commodities , select the business, industry or factory you'd like to deliver the cargo.

Example,

Select Nervous' Bar & Grill and get a description.

Welcome to,  Nervous' Bar & Grill

The business is currently OPEN and accepting delivery.

Buying:                          Price:                  In Stock:

Beverages                      300$ a crate    180/200 crates 

Meal                                200$ a crate    190/200 crates 

Or deliver the cargo of beverage and meal to anywhere else like to the port of Los Santos.

Welcome to,  Ocean Docks West terminal - Overseas shipment of beverages, frozen meal, cereal, seeds and wheat     

The business is currently OPEN and accepting delivery.

Buying:                          Price:                  In Stock:

Beverages                      200$ a crate    0/200 crates 

Meal                                300$ a crate    0/200 crates 

cereal                              $ a crate           x/200 crates 

seeds                              $ a crate           x/200 crates 

wheat                             $ a crate           x/200 crates 

Meal                               $ a crate           x/200 crates 

(The ship goes out once daily every 24hrs)

And deliver the milk and eggs to a random other facility, industry, business or location. Some places like Nervous' bar and grill perhaps offers less price for the Meal while Los Santos ocean docks offers more.

In conclusion, you can load even more crates and different cargo than goods in your trailer/truck than the company you want to deliver, like to Ocean Docks, another different business, some factory whatsoever and this way make nice profits. Prices must be reasonable.

Trucking is not all about trucking, you can also be a courier which is a job within the trucking career. It's a less complex system but simple, pick up appliances, mail or other stuff and deliver them to randomly generated checkpoints.

GoPostal Mail - Postal trucks to be spawned at the Postal depot. Truckers come, pick up a truck collect mails and deliver them to houses across around the map.

Post OP. (UPS)- Pick up a truck at the depot and deliver appliances and more stuff to high tech companies, or any other stuff. 

This is just the concept of the idea, it's nothing too complicated, nothing too special, simple as it is. You can always use the vise versa of it and pick a truck, attach a trailer and /mission start, it will automatically navigate you to collecting industries and then automatically generate you to random places instead of manually, at the end give you the paycheck. But people may get bored of it, won't be able to co-operate and truck together and lose interests quickly. 

What makes my idea special?

• Easy to script.
  • Simple
  • Highlights truckers everywhere, specially makes the Los Santos port more alive.
  • Gives to anyone an opportunity without need to wait hundred of hours for a rank or work their butts on a job they dislike to afford a truck.
  • The industries are not depended on each other due to the player base, to make each of them active, the commodities are deposing everyone who unloaded goods/fuel, oil, or any other cargo so if one goes out, you'll need to go to the next one.
  • Co-operate with player owned businesses.
  • Logical system that develops the economy.

I couldn't explain any shorter, if anyone has any questions or want to discuss the idea please don't forward yet.

The idea is just the concept, it's up to the developers to decide how much money, what industries, where, how etc.

Edited by Ingram

Notice, vans, mules trucks, boxvilles or bensons may have less cargo slots, they may deliver other kind of equipment that has shorter route and less driving but this way makes less profit

The idea is basically very similar to LS:RP's if anyone knows but a little bit more fair and simpler.

P.S, the Los Santos port is huge so you got a lot of space to spawn trucks, also there are spots that that you can load cargo or sell cargo, for example west dock is the best spot to load or unload fuel, oil.

rsz_grand_theft_auto_v_screenshot_201802

Edited by Ingram
Guest Ingram

Ranking system could also work but I less support it, it's all up to the devs to decide. Ranks has it's benefits by seeing more random trucks driving around, this way it extends their gameplay and they spend more hours in game to achieve a rank, but I dislike that people need to wait unless it won't be that tough than I seen on other servers where I had need to wait nearly a month or two to be able to drive an 8 wheeler, and the most annoying part was that I need to work on a job I dislike to afford a truck (Which had a ridicolous price), because I couldn't afford an 8 wheeler truck with the pay that I made from the lower ranks trucks because the Buy & Sell cargo economy was completely awful. That's why I mentioned to have reasonable prices, if you buy for 50$, make at least a double profit and not like 10$ more.

Edited by Ingram

Maybe this could utilise the mining system we already have in game? Introduce various different industries that would require various metals/ingots and maybe add some extra resources that can be procured. E.g lumber, coal etc. (Could be worked into the construction system aswell) 

Guest Ingram

You can make whatever materials you want. But if making the industries require resources, for example a beverage company will require malt otherwise it will be out of stock (instead of refreshing every particular time) so players will transport between them with the current player base the job won't make it. The system shall refresh the creating commodities industries once daily. 

You can make it this way too - the system will automatically load a particular amount of commodities, for example in stock beverages 30/80 and players may deliver additional malt and make it up to 80/80, since the system unable to load more than 30/80. 

Edited by Ingram