Thank you, GTA World.

shuaiby

I might sound cheesy, but I really just wanted to make an appreciation post for this server.

I am very thankful for being able to play here, since It's keeping me distracted from what I am facing in real life. It might distract me from being productive, but thats something I'm able to sacrifice.

I have been struggling a lot, roleplaying various characters and having them develop naturally through interactions with other characters, helps me to forget what's happening. for myself, I see it as a form of escapism.

My biggest struggle is my drug use.. zoning out for various hours, trying to concentrate on the immersive roleplay, helps me forget about everything.

It may not seem healthy, but my life was positively impacted by this, which I am very thankful for.

Thank you, once again.

• Upvote 26
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 4
2 hours ago, Florida said:

This is a very unhealthy mentality, you're trading short term pleasure for long term issues. Take care of your actual life first and then play video games.

This, life can be challenging. But don't resort to short term distractions that create or perpetuate long term issues. It's easy to find distraction in the fictional roleplay universe, but at the end of the day it is only a game, just the same as any other, and what really matters is your real life. You'll only make life harder for yourself if you let these issues build up in the background while you resort to distractions.

2 hours ago, shuaiby said:

I am very thankful for being able to play here, since It's keeping me distracted from what I am facing in real life

This goes to you and anyone out there, my DMs are always open and I feel like I can agree. It's so easy to distract yourself here and the community is so warming and welcoming to new people. This server has helped me get through some of the toughest times and the community is the cherry on top.

For people who ever need to chat you can forum pm me or DM me on discord Yoak#6666

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Lop said:

I hope people realize that talking people out of their coping mechanisms is more dangerous than to just let them be until they have the strength to fix problems in their lives....

It's difficult to perform an accurate risk-benefit analysis based on a single forum post. But I do think it is important to remind people that while, yes, having a game you enjoy, something that helps you relax and unwind is great. All things in moderation. I have seen people lose themselves a little too much in their roleplay, to the point where they become extremely sedentary and they ignore real life responsibilities. It is an unfortunate side-effect of playing excessively. 

So basically I just wanted to remind this player that while it's great they're finding some solace from their drug addiction and other issues. That they please do not forget to take care of their real body and mind, and that they try and take steps, even if its only little tiny steps every day or every other day (just some routine basis) towards pulling themselves out of this dark place they are in. To a point where they can be happy and fulfilled in the real world.

First of all, I'm glad you find a medium of peace here. Roleplay is a wonderful opportunity to zone out of real life problems - but only for a time.

Howabout, the next time you wish to turn to drugs - try and focus on an RP scene or something for your character. Maybe write a back-story or work on a character thread. Anything to keep your mind focused away from struggles or possible addiction. That is healthy, what you are doing is not - and you need to care for yourself because real life does not stop and pause like GTA does.

Whilst the game and the community can help you, it's really important to put real life first. Those moments of comfort are fleeting and can sometimes only exacerbate your issues.

I truly wish you well and I hope you find something you can put your mind to that helps solve your real life issues. Wishing you well x

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, shuaiby said:

I might sound cheesy, but I really just wanted to make an appreciation post for this server.

I am very thankful for being able to play here, since It's keeping me distracted from what I am facing in real life. It might distract me from being productive, but thats something I'm able to sacrifice.

I have been struggling a lot, roleplaying various characters and having them develop naturally through interactions with other characters, helps me to forget what's happening. for myself, I see it as a form of escapism.

My biggest struggle is my drug use.. zoning out for various hours, trying to concentrate on the immersive roleplay, helps me forget about everything.

It may not seem healthy, but my life was positively impacted by this, which I am very thankful for.

Thank you, once again.

We're happy to have you in here, man. ❤️

Keep it up and stay strong! 💪🏼

We're standing next to you! 🔥

• Upvote 1

Keep your head up buddy! I don’t know you at all so I can’t offer much advice, but things always get better, you just need to look at what you have and try to appreciate the little things. I believe in you!

Good luck with your recovery and stay safe.

All the best.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic