Advertisement Queue

LaceUpBrah

1 hour ago, LaceUpBrah said:

Short description: Implement an advertisement queue.

Detailed description: Basically I'm talking about adding advertisements into a queue, best example the one we have when the server crashes. You send your AD and when your turn comes it gets automatically posted. I'd rather wait 40 minutes for it to get automatically posted then doing what we're doing at the moment. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one annoyed by the fact that I have to spam /ad 100x to get my advertisement out there and I'm pretty sure a lot of players spam that command at the same time which can't help the server at all.

Commands to add: None really, should stay as it is.

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? Reduce /ad spam and make it less of a headache to place an advertisement.

Additional information: None

Imagine 800 people during peak. If you're a business trying to open, but you have to wait over an hour for your business ad to be posted because of a queue. Sure it may work for you with a personal advertisement to set and forget but it puts businesses at an extreme disadvantage, especially during peak time. I also don't agree that it'd be better to put it in a queue and wait for 40 minutes. It wouldn't be just 40 minutes. I'm sure the global ad timer won't change, so that's 3 minutes at a minimum. If 100 people are in a queue, you'd be waiting 300 minutes (5 hours) to post an ad. Even if it's 50 people, that's still 150 minutes. Almost 3 hours. This is not a good solution.

There are better solutions that have been suggested before, including the use of a new ad system through a phone app in-game. Queues won't work. That's why it's been denied. No need to be rude to people who suggest using the search function because if you did, you'd find what you need to know. Nervous has said plenty of times that this is on the accepted list for the development queue. I'm sure once 1.1 is in full swing, the options to better the advertisement system will expand. Queues aren't it.

14 minutes ago, Lurleen said:

I support. Donators could still keep their benefit by being able to get ahead in the queue.

This does not fix the issue, it only makes it worse. Someone who doesn't donate will likely never be able to get an ad out at that point. It's the same issue with how people who don't donate can't use /bad. Now people who donate can't use /bad and also get pushed to the bottom of the queue because of donators. While I'm all for supporting people who donate, this will only create a larger problem.

Edited by Sixty
  • Upvote 1

I've seen it in practice on lsrp and can guarantee you you don't want a queue.

It can make planning impossible- imagine a queue at prime time, people, around 9 latest it'd be booked out until midnight on a busy day, 100% guaranteed fucking up any plan of a punctual advertised opening.

• Applaud 1