[LSNN] Democratic Senator-Elect Beqiri: "If you ask me, I'd get rid of every single gun on earth."

Ace_

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Democratic Senator-Elect Beqiri: "If you ask me, I'd get rid of every single gun on earth."

BY DENNIS SIDWELL

Los Santos, SA - On the 2nd of April, 2021, at 3 pm, the LSNN team conducted an interview with Democratic Senator-Elect Laert Beqiri. This is the written version of the interview which was held on air, in the LSNN studio.

TzjTl7Q.png

Dennis Sidwell and Laert Beqiri in the LSNN studio

Dennis Sidwell: Welcome to the studio, Mister Beqiri.

Laert Beqiri: Thank you Dennis for having me.

Dennis Sidwell: Let's talk politics, and allow the citizens to meet you both privately and professionally, even though you're pretty known already, considering you've been in politics for a long period of time already. Furthermore, the campaign period and the voting period just finished. How are you satisfied with the results, but also, with the whole campaign?

Laert Beqiri: Well, first of all. It was a long campaign. I'm sure it was very exhausting for all the candidates and parties. As for the results, well, I'm sure every party wanted majority of the seats on the senate, but a even split was predicted. All in all, I think the results are satisfying and I hope our senate works at its best potential, and I hope all the senators prioritize the citizens of San Andreas instead of their own ego.

Dennis Sidwell: When you say that even split seats, five-five in this case, was predicted as a result, do you want to say that that's the result your internal polls within the Democratic Party have shown? Because, the exit polls showed six-four for the Republicans.

Laert Beqiri: True. Exit polls did show 6 to 4 in favor of Republicans, but let's be honest. When's the last time exit polls were right?

Dennis Sidwell: Can you tell us about the first bill that you're going to advocate for, in the Senate? Exclusively for LSNN.

Laert Beqiri: Well. I don't want to be hasty, but just yesterday me and my legislative writer, finished our "Employment Termination Standards ACT". It's a bill that has as intention to protect every single employee by unlawful termination from their jobs. The initial draft is finished. We're working on it to see if there's room for improvement before it reaches the chambers. We've also prepared an infographic which will be available for the public to read. I think it's a great bill that will make every employee in San Andreas feels safer and respected in their working habitat. I hope the rest of the senate will agree with me. 

Dennis Sidwell: LSNN sources state that there's going to be a voting for a new President Pro Tempore of the Senate soon, or maybe Frank Ernst will get re-elected. Who is the most capable politician for this position in your opinion?

Laert Beqiri: Well, I'm sure Frank Ernst is very capable and has been doing a great job, no second thought in that. But to be honest with you, I'd like to see a little change and I think the right person who has the skill-set to deliver in such position is Diana Jones.

Dennis Sidwell: Why?

Laert Beqiri: I'd elaborate further, but I'm afraid is not my place to do so. I think there are other people to be asked about that. It's an internal thing after all, and the two candidates can comment better than me.

Dennis Sidwell: We've heard the debate between Knight and Warner, furthermore, the showdown event where the citizens and the press had the opportunity to ask Morales and Hoffman questions. We've heard their opinions on various things. Let's hear your opinions too. Let's start with firearms accesibility. Considering the crime rate in Los Santos, do you think that giving people an easier access to guns is a good choice? Furthermore, what is your view on open carry?

Laert Beqiri: Okay. Let me give you an intro of where I personally stand when we talk about firearms. I'm a pacifist. I don't carry. Not at home, not open, not a single time. Never have, never will. That being said, I don't think making firearms easier to access is the greatest idea. I think that our country has a huge issue with violence and crime, and I think a big chunk of that gun violence, come from how easy firearms are to get. Anyone could get one. My idea originally is to raise a committee of firearm licensing. This committee would be made of people from different background, which will judge if a person is not qualified to have a firearm. We should make guns harder to get. That's where I stand. I know it might be an unpopular opinion to many, but if you ask me, I'd get rid of every single gun on earth.

Dennis Sidwell: Do you consider Los Santos a safe city, furthermore, when it comes to the prison, what do you think about the justice system? What are your thoughts on punishment versus rehabilitation?

Laert Beqiri: I think some people are worth rehabilitating, based on the magnitude of the crime and the type of the crime. I think our justice system is not the best, that's why everyone should deserve a second chance.

Dennis Sidwell: What about the death penalty?

Laert Beqiri: Sometimes, some crimes are so horrendous, so inhumane, that makes me agree on the death penalty. At the same time, for the same reason I mentioned earlier about our justice system, I think it's scary to have it. If I had to pick, I'd say pro death penalty.

Dennis Sidwell: Thank you for coming down to the studio. It was a pleasure. 

Laert Beqiri: Thank you for the invitation.

Y8l4IDT.png

xI8d11c.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by YB
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Username: MrMojoRisin

Comment: Clickbait journalism at it's finest. Getting views through rage clicks based on the headline when there's more context surrounding the quote but sounds about right for shoddy journalism these days. Also I love that this clown says he's a pacifist but is fine with the state doing the killing. Oh and, under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary. 

Edited by Roy Moran
  • Upvote 1

Username: Greyfeather

Comment:

1 hour ago, Roy Moran said:

under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered

I have no guns, but this is true.

Mr Beqiri seems to have the best of intentions, but I am also always concerned about un-elected committees being appointed to decide whether people are "qualified" to be afforded their Constitutional rights.

• Upvote 1

Username: PH

Comments: Our sick obsession with guns is costing us way too many lives. The second amendment was made for post-colonial militias. The founders did not have mega-cities like Los Santos in mind.

Less guns, more schools. 

Edited by MotionSickness
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Username: ARepublican01
Comment: So, the voters elected a male Ilhan Omar into the senate. 😄 We dont give a fuck that you yourself are a pacifist. The Constitution, not you, give us the right to bear arms. Now, Beqiri, go fuck yourself!

Edited by Tsarna

Username: BlaineCountyRocks

Comment: “not your place to do so”? Sir, u are senator, u vote for a president pro tempore. It is OUR right to know who is in charge and why he is in charge. Frank Ernst alone has done more than the entirety of ur shitty party. Oh and come try to take our guns in blaine county. I’d love to see how that’ll go down. Pacifists are a spawn of satan, trying to infringe upon our Constitutional rights. A third party committee? Really? You want to elect your other pacifist friends to a committee to overwatch the LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT? U know how crazy that is? How tf did you even become a senator? Who did you fuck or pay off? You are a sore loser. Thenk u lsnn for exposing him

#NotMySenator #2ndAmendment 

#BlueLivesMatter

Username: Ayzee

Comment: This is sickening.

17 hours ago, Greyfeather said:

Username: Greyfeather

Comment:

I have no guns, but this is true.

Mr Beqiri seems to have the best of intentions, but I am also always concerned about un-elected committees being appointed to decide whether people are "qualified" to be afforded their Constitutional rights.

Hi Nayeli 😄

23 minutes ago, H04X said:

Username: BlaineCountyRocks

Comment: “not your place to do so”? Sir, u are senator, u vote for a president pro tempore. It is OUR right to know who is in charge and why he is in charge. Frank Ernst alone has done more than the entirety of ur shitty party. Oh and come try to take our guns in blaine county. I’d love to see how that’ll go down. Pacifists are a spawn of satan, trying to infringe upon our Constitutional rights. A third party committee? Really? You want to elect your other pacifist friends to a committee to overwatch the LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT? U know how crazy that is? How tf did you even become a senator? Who did you fuck or pay off? You are a sore loser. Thenk u lsnn for exposing him

#NotMySenator #2ndAmendment 

#BlueLivesMatter

Username: MidwinterTwilight 

Comment:  Jesus, some GOP shills have no chill. 

By the way, one senator does not determine who is in charge; even if Senator-elect Beqiri gave you a name, that wouldn’t tell you who is in charge.  So you’re either deliberately barking up the wrong tree or you’re pitifully misinformed. 

3 minutes ago, Midsummer Night's Dream said:

Username: MidwinterTwilight 

Comment:  Jesus, some GOP shills have no chill. 

By the way, one senator does not determine who is in charge; even if Senator-elect Beqiri gave you a name, that wouldn’t tell you who is in charge.  So you’re either deliberately barking up the wrong tree or you’re pitifully misinformed. 

Username: Ayzee

Comment: It's funny how hypocritical these liberals are. God forbid a Republican breathes how they don't want, it's an issue. But when it comes to their party, they're quick to the defense! Do your part and speak against it. That is that.

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic