Driving test & Traffic lights

Yoak

Do you abide by traffic lights?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Report it when you see it. Unrealistic driving is not allowed and players are regularly punished for this.

But I do, with Shadowplay for proof, but I never see anything come out of it. No red message popping up nor the admin PMing me to say “I’ve done XYZ”. I keep reporting though. 

Personally I'll make a rolling stop at intersections if the light is green or red, it doesn't really matter. I don't trust the remaining players to not plow through an intersection whatever the light may be, so better to always play it safe - defensive driving. 

Driving test is in serious need of updates, the current one doesn't teach you much of anything other than the speed limits, and a rule no one follows about stopping at every intersection - plus the part about driving up the parking is really infuriating. 

12 minutes ago, Brian3898 said:

Personally I'll make a rolling stop at intersections if the light is green or red, it doesn't really matter. I don't trust the remaining players to not plow through an intersection whatever the light may be, so better to always play it safe - defensive driving. 

Honestly, cops most likely won't pull you over for slowing down heavily and doing a rolling stop unless they want a reason to pull you over to investigate something further.

20 hours ago, Ronnie two poles said:

The driving test is very silly, esp. the part when you go up and down a garage....? 

facts then it say "I forgot to build up the parkour go back down" nobody wants to hear that shitty fucking joke that we've been hearing on every new char we made since 2019, driving test is annoying asf

Just now, Zani said:

Honestly, cops most likely won't pull you over for slowing down heavily and doing a rolling stop unless they want a reason to pull you over to investigate something further.

It's okay saying this but then most people when they're new follow the test rules, they don't read the penal code. Then they get told its okay to go through green lights etc and then boom they're pulled over and asking in the support channels why they are being punished when X said this or X said that.

3 minutes ago, Yoak said:

It's okay saying this but then most people when they're new follow the test rules, they don't read the penal code. Then they get told its okay to go through green lights etc and then boom they're pulled over and asking in the support channels why they are being punished when X said this or X said that.

Yeah, the driving test does need an update because it really is outdated with regards to the penal code. For anyone reading, reference the penal code for all violations and lawful information on traffic procedures. The rest is up to how it is enforced ICly.

The other problem is people saying that lights aren't synched and you don't have to follow them which is false. 

• Zani locked this topic