Driving test & Traffic lights

Yoak

Do you abide by traffic lights?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Shouldn't mean we should lower our standards, thanks for the clarification either way.

Oh of course not, that's not what I was implying. I drive the way you're supposed to. Always end up getting hit or screamed at OOC because I actually stop at traffic lights when they are red instead of barreling through them 🤣

Edited by Sixty

This is how I personally do it, and if I ever stop someone, how I regulate it (according to IC law)

Green = Go
Red = Stop and yield, or atleast slow down so you can hit on your breaks within a second and not cause an accident, do 15-20 not 50+ through the red light
Yellow = I don't pay attention because the lights are backwards. 

In the USA, atleast for every town i've been in, The light stays green, then goes yellow, then red. Depending on the light in-game, it goes Red, Yellow, Green, or Yellow, Green, Red - it doesn't make sense.

I tend to personally come to a full stop at the red light, look both ways and then continue as it's allowed per IC law to go through the red light, aslong as no other people have the green/priority in traffic. But I always will atleast yield and come to a "California Stop" which is based at like 5-10 miles per hour.

On a side note; I will personally NEVER pull someone over for a yielding violation to a light, unless I know i'm 100% synced with them. I;e, if your three lights infront of me, I worry it could be desync that it's still red for me. As an LEO - you begin to naturally learn when someone is actually running every red light and when you two are out of complete sync distance.

Edited by Pillsbury
1 hour ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I think you're getting confused with turning lanes, they're not perfect but they're working as intended unless I'm mistaken.

1920-city-of-san-antonio-traffic-signal-

image.jpg

I know what a turning lane is and that's not what i'm am trying to say.

What I am saying is on 0.3.7 most lights followed the same pattern. Let's take Hawick as an example as everyone knows Hawick. 

On 0.3.7 all lights on Hawick would be green at the same time allowing all traffic that is traveling both EAST and WEST on Hawick to be able to go with priority. The streets that run NORTH TO SOUTH that intersect Hawick would all be on red. Then it would flip, all the north to south bound streets would be green and all the intersections on Hawick in the east/west directions would be red.

On 1.1 lights no longer follow this pattern, it seems each intersection is controlled randomly and more oftern than not all four directions are held on red for an extended period of time. Then when one direction of the lights go green, of the 4 directions of the intersection only one side will go green (IE allowing only East bound traffic to go while traffic heading North/South or west) are still sat on red. 

I just find it interested how the mechanics behind the street lights have changed. Are they synced all differently and independently? Are they even still synced properly? I wish I could make a comparison video of just 60 seconds of being sat at an intersection and you'd all instantly understand what I am trying to say.

Of course we should generally be following the light systems. I’ve never had anyone able to disprove the synch because they’ve never recorded a situation where they’ve said they had the green and I didn’t. I’ve also gone around with a partner and check the synch between ourselves for the traffic lights and they were right.

However this was with the previous version. Still, people really need to stop blasting through intersections and drifting around on main streets.

• Applaud 1
5 hours ago, Zani said:

Of course we should generally be following the light systems. I’ve never had anyone able to disprove the synch because they’ve never recorded a situation where they’ve said they had the green and I didn’t. I’ve also gone around with a partner and check the synch between ourselves for the traffic lights and they were right.

However this was with the previous version. Still, people really need to stop blasting through intersections and drifting around on main streets.

unknown.png
I have a video of this, all 4 lights in red.

• Zani locked this topic