Driving test & Traffic lights

Yoak

Do you abide by traffic lights?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the driving test should be something only brand new players have to do, tie it in with the tutorial or some shit. but then every subsequent character you should be able to choose to automatically start with a driver's license or not. and no, this doesn't ruin 'cab rp' because airports provide rentals and leases for you to get out of there yourself anyway.

4 hours ago, Yoak said:

Hi guys

Just a quick discussion on your throughts of the current system in place for the stopping of vehicles if they go through a "GREEN" light. As we're all aware the test states to stop at every intersection but then some people say to go through green lights as they're synced.

I just wanna grab the communities & staffs opinion on the situation as some people usually resort to ooc chat over it when they're pulled over for passing a green light.

keep it civil

They shouldn't be stopping if going through a green light. I keep this thread saved in case there's ever anyone questioning that lol.

tl;dr -

1.) If the light is red, stop and ensure nobody is there before proceeding.

2.) If the light is yellow going to green, treat it like green. 

3.) If the light is green, you do not have to yield/stop.

Edited by Sixty
1 minute ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

That can't be right, surely? 

That's basically running red and if treated realistically would end in you t-boning people passing through a green just-turned yellow. 

A yellow is basically a green light until its red lol. In real life if I were to pass through an intersection during a yellow light, before turning to red, it would be perfectly legal.

1 minute ago, Sixty said:

A yellow is basically a green light until its red lol. In real life if I were to pass through an intersection during a yellow light, before turning to red, it would be perfectly legal.

You said yellow going green, that means you're technically at a red light and would end in you clipping traffic you should be giving way to. 

7 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

You said yellow going green, that means you're technically at a red light and would end in you clipping traffic you should be giving way to. 

I'm just quoting what was said on that thread here:

Literal copy / paste. If something needs to be clarified on that specific matter, then so be it. In real life, it doesn't go yellow from green but that's how it is in-game. As I interpret that, anything other than red is to be treated as a "go at your own risk". Especially considering more than half of the people don't even obey the laws around traffic lights anyways lol.

Edited by Sixty
  • Zani locked this topic