Driving test & Traffic lights

Yoak

Do you abide by traffic lights?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Dom. said:

The red > yellow > green shit makes it even more difficult than it needs to be. Los Santos is in the UNITED STATES. Lights in the UNITED STATES do NOT go red > yellow > green. They just go from red to green.

There's a worse issue, when you see cops not adhere to the red light, stop at intersection and drive off. And yet, they pull you over for skipping a red light.. you want to uphold the law, follow it yourself.

24 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

There's a worse issue, when you see cops not adhere to the red light, stop at intersection and drive off. And yet, they pull you over for skipping a red light.. you want to uphold the law, follow it yourself.

That's just not true at all. I've rarely seen people speeding through intersections with no sign of slowing down, let alone police officers, and I'm on the road a lot. Just because you were pulled over for running a red light doesn't mean you need to think of the one time when a cop ran through a red light 6 weeks ago and say all cops drive recklessly but cite civilians whenever they get a chance. There's absolutely no need to complain here, if you have issues, complain to the department IC'ly,

30 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Internal Affairs exist, report it and then they'll make an issue about it?

2 hours ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

That's just not true at all. I've rarely seen people speeding through intersections with no sign of slowing down, let alone police officers, and I'm on the road a lot. Just because you were pulled over for running a red light doesn't mean you need to think of the one time when a cop ran through a red light 6 weeks ago and say all cops drive recklessly but cite civilians whenever they get a chance. There's absolutely no need to complain here, if you have issues, complain to the department IC'ly,

Not what I am saying, I've seen officers just stop at an intersection, and keep driving, 0 lights and its red light for them.

So after that they pull us over for running a red light?..

This needs to be addressed absolutely.

The test says to stop at every intersection. I've been told oocly by LEO that they follow the color if the lights since they are synced (which is complete bullshit because I've seen so many cops run red lights and whenI stop at a red light, they go around me and run the red light.)

The problem I have with the synced lights is all the lights in a single road will be either red or green, so your intersection and every intersection in front of you will be green or red at the same time. Leads to a lot of stop and go. I prefer the "stop at every intersection" rule much better. 

Also a player instructor is a terrible idea pls dont.

Read the penal code

1212.) If, upon approaching a junction containing traffic lights the traffic light displays a red light the driver must stop to other vehicles before continuing. If there are no other vehicles at the junction, the driver may proceed cautiously through the junction. If the traffic light displays a yellow light that is going to a green light, then it is to be treated as a green light. If the traffic light displays a green light, the driver is not required to stop, and may pass through the intersection without stopping. Shall be charged with the applicable Title IV charge. (EX: Reckless Driving, Negligent Operation of Vehicle, Vehicular Endangerment)

It's very funny that most of the people don't know about this section of the penal code.

10 minutes ago, Beholder said:

This needs to be addressed absolutely.

The test says to stop at every intersection. I've been told oocly by LEO that they follow the color if the lights since they are synced (which is complete bullshit because I've seen so many cops run red lights and whenI stop at a red light, they go around me and run the red light.)

The problem I have with the synced lights is all the lights in a single road will be either red or green, so your intersection and every intersection in front of you will be green or red at the same time. Leads to a lot of stop and go. I prefer the "stop at every intersection" rule much better. 

Also a player instructor is a terrible idea pls dont.

You're not meant to wait until the light turns green. The rule is:

Green light = Go right through

Red light = treat it like a stop sign

1 minute ago, Sush said:

You're not meant to wait until the light turns green. The rule is:

Green light = Go right through

Red light = treat it like a stop sign

By this logic, you will have scenes where neither player is at fault because both had the right of way, absolutely flawed. We just need to pick a ruleset and stick with it.

• Zani locked this topic