Fighting

Dustyboi

You're not meant to be constantly running in a fight - fist fights aren't like fights in whatever anime you all seem to have watched where fights need to last four episodes.

All for the decrease in the cooldown though - I get the idea of stopping the bugged fighting when you swing four thousand times in one punch, but that is multiple punches in much less than 1.5 seconds.   

Lower the cooldown drastically, add rules against spam-punching and chicken-running (Spam-punching can count as script abuse)

This 1.5 second timer and removal of punching whilst running has practically encouraged running around during fights, people run away during their cooldown to get a better position when they can finally hit again.

One on one fights might be salvageable with these changes, but brawls are just as bad as they were prior to the sync fix.

21 hours ago, EffPee said:

Lower the cooldown drastically, add rules against spam-punching and chicken-running (Spam-punching can count as script abuse)

This 1.5 second timer and removal of punching whilst running has practically encouraged running around during fights, people run away during their cooldown to get a better position when they can finally hit again.

One on one fights might be salvageable with these changes, but brawls are just as bad as they were prior to the sync fix.

You can't even have 1v1 fights lmao, it's buggy as fuck and it's quite annoying. Lowering the cooldown to 0.5 seconds will most likely fix it all.

Remove the cool down altogether. The fighting mechanics during the 1.1 test sessions were perfect. Instead, punish players for bug abusing.

1.5 seconds is way too long. The fighting is now an awkward game of running away and trying to stop next to someone in a fashion that lets you strike as your timer runs out before theirs does. It’s arguably worse than pre-1.1. It seriously sucks. It’s like the fighting mechanics on old NHL games. 

There is also now no advantage in catching someone slipping and striking them first. 6 guys can attack 1 and he can run away literally unharmed at the moment.

Fights are lasting longer than they did pre 1.1 and now chicken running has been forced into meta just like they were pre 1.1. The thing I liked about the 1.1 test sessions was that fights only lasted like 10 seconds, not 10 minutes.

0.5 seconds might even still be too long of a cool down. Everything just feels clunky at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

I have experienced the new fighting system and from my experience I preferred the one we had when we first changed to 1.1 and here are my reasons why.

• -  You can hit a player the same way a player can hit you. (same advantage)
  • -  The running in circles, you can still be hit.
  • -  Players can adapt more to it.  (all players have the same advantage).
  •  - Fight's aren't going on for too long.
  • -  It feel's although were on Dsync fighting again.
  • Upvote 1
On 4/7/2021 at 9:07 PM, Phased said:

You're not meant to be constantly running in a fight - fist fights aren't like fights in whatever anime you all seem to have watched where fights need to last four episodes.

All for the decrease in the cooldown though - I get the idea of stopping the bugged fighting when you swing four thousand times in one punch, but that is multiple punches in much less than 1.5 seconds.   

People run cause the counter is so fucking bugged. It should be removed tbh.

• Wuhtah locked this topic