Mechanic Garages and 2x more components concern

mencurry

Disclaimer: I don't have any problems with mechanic garage being nerfed, in fact I'm fully supporting the idea of mechanic garages being nerfed in terms of money because they make too much money. I'm not making this thread to say otherwise.

Hello, so I woke up this morning and saw Nervous posted an announcement for a game changelog and there's something that intrigues me which mechanic garages will now require 2x more components for mods installation.

Game changelog thread: https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/95-game-changelog/page/44/?tab=comments#comment-453130

Now that's out of the way, I want to share how mechanic garages made their money. Here's how:

Let's say for easy math sake, we'll say a player ordered a $1000 modifications, and we're a garage that charges $250 per crates for truckers, as well as giving our employees 35% cut. Here's how the calculation would go BEFORE the update:

Amount paid = $1000

Components Amount = 100 (It's divided by 10 from the price. e.g $20,000 mods = 2000 components, etc.)

Components Price = (100 / 50) * $250 = $500  (One crate from truckers consist of 50 components, so for 100 components we'd need two crates.)

Employee's Cut = 35% of $1000 = $350
Total for garage owner = $1000 - $500 - $350 = $150

Not a lot of money in this scale, but do the math yourself for an Anti-theft that cost $20,000 then it scales. Anyways, now that we figured out how the math behind mechanic scrip works, now let's test this with double the components amount required.

Again let's say for easy math we're gonna have the same conditions being a $1000 modifications, charging $250 per crates, and 35% employees cut. Here's how it would go AFTER the update:

Amount paid = $1000

Components Amount = 200 (It used to be 100, but since the update it will be doubled.)

Components Price = (200 / 50) * $250 = $1000

Total for garage owner = $1000 - $1000 - $350 = -$350

(Yes, they don't get any profit at all from the components, even with 0% employee's cut they're still not getting anything.)

Components Amount = 125 (Nervous said he meant price / 8 rather than price / 10)
Components Price = (125 / 50) * $250 = $625

Total for garage owner = $1000 - $625 - $350 = $25

Once again I don't have any problems with mechanic garages being reduced with how much money they're getting but this is definitely not the right way to do it since there's no way garages owners getting any money from the mods that they're selling. And they can't even make compromises such as lowering the components price to $100 since it's locked at $250 by the script and I would imagine there would be no truckers that are willing to deliver crates for $100 price for sure.

If my calculation is wrong, I would love to be corrected and maybe property management could chime in on how it actually is. Refer to Nervous' reply, he did a typo on the changelog and he meant: Price / 8 rather than the usual Price / 10 for the components amount.

I posted this thread so that we could have a discussion on what would be a better way to do it, from the math.. it's not looking good. Please share your thoughts. Thank you!

Here's proof on the components amount being divided by 10, I ordered a suspension that cost $5000 and it requires 500 components: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flZ0emQ6Unk
Here's how it is after the update when I bought a $6000 spoiler it took 750 comps from the business, thus confirming the Price/8:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HVNWnI1q9I

Edited by mencurry
Edited after Nervous' response and added a youtube link for after the update.
  • Upvote 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, Xaleya said:

I might ask, before the update how much money used to get the mechanical garages per daily basis? and with the new math?

I can't really say for other garages but I've heard some of them are getting 600k each week or even a million every week. Though I'm currently the leaseholder for Ocean View Customs for 4 months and I've managed it since August, I can say for OVC we barely make 100k every week for myself. Basically the employees make more money than the garage leaseholder.

And for the new math, in theory if it's get implemented and no changes made to how it works, then garage owners are losing money instead of making profits since they'd have to pay the components 1:1 and the employee's cut on top of it.

Edited by mencurry
Just now, Xaleya said:

I want to know which math is getting used by the devs but we will see. I hope it demands a increase of the prices itself.

I'll test after restart in two hours as well, I hope I'm wrong with my calculations because there's no way garage owners are getting profit at all based on my calculation on the new math.

Your math is not wrong. Doubling the components basically nets you $0 on every sale as the garage owner and that's before paying employees.

$1000 part = 200 components (after the update)

• $250 per crate. 50 components per crate. Need 4 crates for 200 components.
  • $1000 - (250 x 4) = $0 (You would be paying your employees at a loss).

Seems like someone goofed, unless there was more adjusted that wasn't included in the change log.

Edited by Sixty

Like what Mencurry and the others had said, the concept of nerfing the cash you earn from the mechanic job can be a good idea, but this isn't how it is supposed to be handled. Unless they also changed some other stuff that we're unaware off, garage owners would get overtly cucked from this, even if their main goal isn't about getting the cash in the first place.

1 minute ago, Nervous said:

It's a changelog mistake that I forgot to change. Instead of having components = price / 10, it's price / 8 now. 

So just let me get this straight, for $1000 mods we'd be using 125 components rather than 100, correct?

• mj2002 locked this topic