[LSNN] Senator Chloe Knight vs the Temple of Jah Ministry

books

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Senator Chloe Knight vs the Temple of Jah Ministry

BY PHOEBE HOLTER

4OZZXEc.png

Los Santos, SA With the results of the state senate elections announced last Sunday, freshly elected Democratic state senator Chloe Knight can rest easy knowing that campaign season is over. 
Sparks flew as budding Democrat and Republican candidates clashed heads during a series of LSNN debates and interviews. Flashpoints such as the firey debate between Bobby Warner and Senator Knight herself were the source of a great deal of drama.
But bubbling under the surface throughout that election cycle was a strange, homophobic hate campaign orchestrated by members of a Rastafari group in Los Santos.  The group, known as the "Temple of Jah Ministry", are a Rastfari and African nationalist temple located on Strawberry Avenue. 

QVFF3H6.png

From Facebrowser. It has since been confirmed by Ras Baba Black, that the Jah-Jah Ministry is the Temple of Jah Ministry in Strawberry.

A series of online abuse and harassment has been targeted at the senator, ranging from abuse in online comment sections to hateful messages sent via Facebrowser. However, the abuse was taken offline during the previously mentioned debate between Bobby Warner and Senator Knight when an audience member affiliated with the Temple of Jah Ministry (L.J Kingston) disrupted the debate by heckling Senator Knight during the debate.

L.J has since spoken to LSNN about this event and about the issue he and others in the Rastafari community in Los Santos have with Senator Knight.

"This gyal thinks it is fine to go against Jah-Jah Laws and downpress us. Gyal can't even find her own soul, to help HERSELF. But, she can help the people? She need to be put in a mental hospital, not in office."
"The gyal thinks it's Righteous to practice Sodomy, and will go far enough to force her ideals on to mi kids and family within the schools? My nephew can not even express his views against Sodomy in school without being scolded. She wants to force her battygyal agenda on to we kids and on to our way of LIFE."

When asked about his comments potentially being hurtful and offensive, L.J was quick to dismiss this. 

"I and I follow God's Law. God made man for woman and woman for man. It is my Duty to speak God's words, not to be concerned about the opinion of bottom-feeders."

L.J accuses Senator Knight of infringing upon his right to free speech. Citing the debate he was removed from after heckling Senator Knight. 

"When I confront her on live television for supporting sodomy, she silenced mi Freedom of Expression, ya see meh? She told me to "shut the f*** up" and sent her goons to remove me from the debate."

soVE2k0.png

Debate with Bobby Warner and Chloe Knight. Featured centre is LSNN's Dennis Sidwell.

Also speaking to LSNN, Ras Baba Black shared comments from the Temple regarding their view on the LGBT people that sheds a light on the the abuse that its members  have been lobbing at Chloe Knight.

"Inna the books it say 'Adam and Eve', not Adam and Steve. We not want BLACK man go astray from GOD's (Yahwe) path."

Both Ras Baba Black and LJ have accused Senator Knight of mocking their religion, relating to a controversial joke that Knight made on Facebrowser. They claim it is hypocritical of Senator Knight to preach equality while mocking their faith. Knight has since refused to apologise for this joke, stating that the person who was the target of it was one of those who were harassing her with homophobic abuse. 

"Rasta BLACK man righteous. Him never stoop to the level of Oyinbo man. Disawowing all harrassmentings, only man to judge Chloe for him sins is Yahwe"

Rasta Baba Black has distanced himself for those responsible for the harassment, claming that he has not seen any harassment and that those who are harassing the Senator would not stoop to the level of the "Oyinbo man" (white).  

AugSxjA.png

State Senator Chloe Knight, from Facebrowser.

"While it is simple for some groups to use their culture as a shield for homophobia, racism, sexism, or any other ugly ideology, I can't personally embrace that line of thought."

Senator Knight left LSNN a comment on this issue, explaining that she was not personally bothered by the numerous attacks against her but she does condemn the behaviour and she deeply sympathises with those who are also subjected to such abuse.

"The spectre of homophobia and other forms of hatred loom over San Andreas, all too prevalent.  We should all hold tolerance and equality as bedrock values. They're American values. It's how we do things here, like it or not. " 

"As for what I personally go through, it doesn't bother me much. I am very blessed to be where I am in life. It's those less fortunate who deal with homophobia on top of all the cards already rigged against them that my heart - and my pen as a legislator - goes out to."

As the newly elected Senator gears up for her term in office, much more pressing issues will be in her mind. But the abuse that she has faced serves as another stark reminder to the wider Los Santos community of the abuse that LGBT public figures face in modern day Los Santos.

Y8l4IDT.png

xI8d11c.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by MotionSickness

Username: LJK876
Comment: To settle a few things, one must Overstand that there was zero harassments involved. I did not message her and I did not continuously target her. She's a public figure, and I and I expressed Jah-Jah Law to this public figure. She supposed to SERVE WE and LISTEN TO WE. I and I simply expressed Jah-Jah Words, the word of God, and she went out of her way to mock our religion, ON MY PAGE. I am not no public figure. A public figure has to uphold these standards, not I. I and I bow down to God's Law, not the Laws of Man. This person is not suitable for office, preaching "equality" while mocking people of colour. Battygyal has the audacity to speak for WE, but doesn't want to listen to we.

She preaches "Freedom of Religion" and then mocks our religion as a senator. She preaches "Equality for All" but then insults our way of life, silencing our voices. She claims that she wants our voices to be heard, but proceeds to suppress we, further. Likkle Buzz Words have no meaning... the Devil takes many forms, and this gyal showed her true form to we. All it took was one lash of Righteous words from scripture to reveal the Beast within her. Bitch does not have the Heart to even apologize for that shit, what makes you think she can be senator? 

Go check your facts, the bitch is harassing WE as a PUBLIC FIGURE and SENATOR:

yC8Sk06.png

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, Lop said:

Username: wiltedtulip

Comment: I can't believe how black-and-white this discussion has become. The homophobic remarks of the Black far-right are not indicative of the larger PoC community, and the racist jokes by Ms. Knight are something that I, as a DEMOCRAT, condemn, as well. There is a middle ground!!

Username: Lloyd Jones
Comment:

There is no middle-ground:

"11 Our mouth has spoken freely to you, O Corinthians, our heart is opened wide. 12 You are not restrained by us, but you are restrained in your own affections. 13 Now in a like exchange—I speak as to children—open wide to us also.

14 Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? 16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols?

For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, “I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. 17 THEREFORE, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE,” says the Lord. “AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN; And I will welcome you. 18 And l will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,” Says the Lord Almighty.

7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." - (2 Cor. 6:11-7:1)

Edited by DLimit

User: KZarnavic

Comment: To just speak the facts, and really, its or hers or them sexual preferences should not bother anyone - what she/it/they do in bed, is irrelevant. But what is relevant, is that Chloe is seriously fucked up.

Chloe was part of the violent riots, leadership there, and called anyone, including me, mentally unstable, when I disagreed with those riots. It/she/they said that I am a retard, just because I am not for rioting and destroying property. 

Bottom fact is Chloe Knight should never be in grasp of power. What tolerance it/she/they speak of now - making fun of religion, trying to ruin a hard-working man business, calling people, who disagree with it/her/them, mentally unstable and retarded. And paints all white people from Vespucci as racist nazis. 

Karma will be around the corner, Knight. That is a promise.

Username: Hayastanci

Comment: Mrs Knight is spreading a dangerous image of power to the children of Los Santos, one that shows that violence and destruction in the name of your beliefs be that political or religious is okay, she is no better than a jihadist. She spreads a message of hate, not one of love, how they picked her over Benson is beyond me. I guess she licks carpet so she's a LGBTQ+ friendly front?? 

How dare she deface a mans religious beliefs, how dare she. These people have faced discrimination for most of their lifetime and now she spits in their faces once again? For someone who is supposed to be progressive she sure doesn't seem so. Two steps forward and then two steps back isn't progress Mrs Knight. 

Edited by Свето
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Свето said:

Username: Hayastanci

Comment: Mrs Knight is spreading a dangerous image of power to the children of Los Santos, one that shows that violence and destruction in the name of your beliefs be that political or religious is okay, she is no better than a jihadist. She spreads a message of hate, not one of love, how they picked her over Benson is beyond me. I guess she licks carpet so she's a LGBTQ+ friendly front?? 

How dare she deface a mans religious beliefs, how dare she. These people have faced discrimination for most of their lifetime and now she spits in their faces once again? For someone who is supposed to be progressive she sure doesn't seem so. Two steps forward and then two steps back isn't progress Mrs Knight. 

Username: BabaBlack420

Comment:Das rite. I man dem never hurt nobody. Why oyinbo ooman attack I and I wid insult? Why throw the first stone.

Righteously, Ras Baba Black.

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic