Disallow child characters

Rhy Rhy

Absolutely not. 

All I see on this topic is vague generalizations of characters who are minors and their intentions, I'm sorry but this is a server with probably close to 1000+ active players across multiple timezones. Your few bad interactions doesn't constitute an entire necessary group of characters being removed.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Henning said:

Absolutely not. 

All I see on this topic is vague generalizations of characters who are minors and their intentions, I'm sorry but this is a server with probably close to 1000+ active players across multiple timezones. Your few bad interactions doesn't constitute an entire necessary group of characters being removed.

That is the issue. Now you're the one making assumptions. Firstly, to say that all timezones are active is barely accurate. Look at the server metrics or just from first hand experience. The server dips after around 2AM, and only continues doing so until evening the next day. (GMT)

But even then, as someone who is part of the FD and is close friends with people both in the SD and PD — it's not just one or two people had a few bad interactions one or twice. We directly work literally tens and tens of scenes on a daily basis. This isn't a small one or two interactions. It's almost every single interaction. On a large scale. So saying 'few' is pretty inaccurate to say the least.

You might call bias but you forget that our RP strives off of good criminal roleplay, we are directly strive off of eachother. Our only goal is good roleplay. I would never want illegal or criminal roleplay to suffer. But the simple matter of fact is; Child characters in the majority of all situations lead to poor quality roleplay.

Edited by KaythPlus

Sounds to me like a small amount of you have experienced a small amount of terrible roleplay. If we're going to step on peoples toes and disallow them from roleplaying a characters development, might as well start banning other things that make people uncomfortable such as hill-billy accents in the county, the masses of silly cars that are painted in bright colors, unrealistic characters, a large amount of rich people, PD living in the county - that's just my list of things that make uncomfortable.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, KaythPlus said:

Sorry that we're trying to stop you from making characters that act like an adult in every single way including sexually, physically, threateningly, and so on. All up until it comes to punishment. Then suddenly you're in /b about how the character is just a child and the reaction isn't right 🤡

Funny how rarely you see people include how young their child character is in /me's when buying alcohol and doing things that would negatively impact them if they're a child. But as soon as its advantageous to be a young innocent child like when police turn up. Bet your ass that's in their /me's and general roleplay.

love how you've never seen who I am icly or who I roleplay but yet you judge

25 minutes ago, KaythPlus said:

Sorry that we're trying to stop you from making characters that act like an adult in every single way including sexually, physically, threateningly, and so on. All up until it comes to punishment. Then suddenly you're in /b about how the character is just a child and the reaction isn't right 🤡

Stop projecting bro.

Anyways, absolutely poo suggestion. 👎

41 minutes ago, Jain said:

The opportunity of sexual misconduct alone makes child characters more of a hazard than a benefit.

Then ban ERP as a whole instead of trying to limit illegal roleplayers. 

I think the server as a whole would be much better off without ERP.

• Upvote 4

As a member of PD, the amount of times I've seen assassin skill level 16 y/o who commit block wipes is unrealistic and when they're caught, they pull the "/me is 16" card. Happens way too often to be considered realistic.

List of what I've seen from 16 y/o's in-game:

• Taking part in a shootout (such as blockwipes).
  • Wearing outfits that show cleavage (this is unacceptable)
  • > 6'0", athletic bodies (6 packs)
  • Sexually suggestive face browser posts (https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/42315-subject mercedes-facebrowser-name-19)
  • Driving cars. Yes, this does happen in real life, but you rarely see 16 year olds driving cars or driving their gang/friends to and from a club.
  • Not roleplaying their age when being ID'd at a club entrance.

At the same time though, people join gangs when they are 16 or younger so it'll be harder to justify an 18 y/o gang banger. As previous comments have stated though, we can work through this like we do with prison sentences not being literal years.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic