Remove One, Delete One

Tbh I like many of the rules as is. I support Koko’s response, however, to add something new;

I’d remove some of the advertisement restrictions. I think that whatever can be sought out / posted on the IC section of the forum should also be allowed over /ads.

Maybe one thing I would add is that you really can’t scroll any weapon unless someone has already roleplayed it and a firefight is going on, because at that point you’ve just got to defend yourself.

Edited by Zani
4 hours ago, KaythPlus said:

My issue with you advocating for Rule 12 to be gone is where is the line drawn? I actually partially agree that it's almost too encompassing and could be laxed in areas. But to remove it entirely would take away from realism. There is already ample oppertunity for thieves to pray on some areas like ATM's which aren't protected by this rule.

But what thief is realistically going to hold somebody up outside of an active police station or bank? The rule is built to reasonably compensate for the fact we're in a roleplay server that can't always accurately potray employment and presence in places where in any realistic scenario; there would be. Most players use ATM's anyway, so I don't personally see a reason for banks and police stations to be immediately drawn as 'fair game'.

edit:
"People can get into trouble in a bank, in a police station"

Really? I'm sure you can show examples if I questioned this of one or two incidents but this is so extremely unlikely, a bank sure. But allowing people to do criminal actions inside of a police station is a little silly.

And how does the cashier at the bank react to this? Is there a script for them to immediately contact the police. Cause realistically it makes no sense otherwise. This rule is here for a good reason.

4 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Never happening. Currently our one city with a population less than one thousand is somehow committing three times more murders than the entirety of Colombia. Removing restrictions would make an already bad situation immensely worse.

This is a discussion best reserved for the suggestions forum.

But... wouldn't a bank robbery or a heist immediately breach rule twelve? This is what I mean by it. 

And please please please, keep the discussion pretty tame and add your own rules, that's the whole point! 🙂

Edited by Akali
4 hours ago, Koko said:

I honestly think that Rule 6) Character Rules has an absolutely bizarre take on character ages, particularly how no characters are allowed to be under 16 unless they intend to get involved with a gang faction. It always seemed absolutely bizarre to me that in a server that has made the decision to not mark itself 18+, and has reservations about allowing characters under 16, on the other hand makes it the one exception to allow teens under 16 only if they're made for the purpose of being systematically abused, bullied, brainwashed and radicalized into violent crime, but you can't make a normal 14 year old that is a classmate of that one gang kid that just decides to stay in school.

And it's not like I'm offended by teen gang initiation stories, teen violence or gritty hood stories. It all just connects to your question of what rule you'd add: just make the server 18+. Can it be enforced? As much as you can enforce the fact that the base game is meant for adult audiences anyway, I guess, but paying lip service to the idea of this server not being 18+ while the rules explicitly make exceptions to allow for violent, graphic and systematic abuse of underage characters is a bit bizarre to me.

This I can agree on. Maybe there is some sort of way to roleplay as an eighteen year old and if your roleplay isn't up to par, either remove them from the faction or ask them for a more in-depth backstory?

9 minutes ago, Akali said:

But... wouldn't a bank robbery or a heist immediately breach rule twelve? This is what I mean by it. 

Once the already outlandishly impossible rate of crime is handled and made more reasonable than Colombia, I would be more than happy to see crimes being allowed anywhere. As it is though, the current rules are obviously not enough.

I would remove any rule that dictates when and where crimes can take place, but I would also remove the CK rules around fear-RP, and instead just dole out OOC punishments. 

As for adding rules, I cannot think of any at the moment, but I do agree with the age limits. At the very least it should be via application. If it is absolutely impossible for someone to conjure two to four years of background for a criminal character, they may not be the best candidate for criminal roleplay in general. Criminal, and antagonistic roleplay in general is difficult to do well, and has significant drawbacks for the entire community if handled poorly. 

4 hours ago, Koko said:

I honestly think that Rule 6) Character Rules has an absolutely bizarre take on character ages, particularly how no characters are allowed to be under 16 unless they intend to get involved with a gang faction. It always seemed absolutely bizarre to me that in a server that has made the decision to not mark itself 18+, and has reservations about allowing characters under 16, on the other hand makes it the one exception to allow teens under 16 only if they're made for the purpose of being systematically abused, bullied, brainwashed and radicalized into violent crime, but you can't make a normal 14 year old that is a classmate of that one gang kid that just decides to stay in school.

And it's not like I'm offended by teen gang initiation stories, teen violence or gritty hood stories. It all just connects to your question of what rule you'd add: just make the server 18+. Can it be enforced? As much as you can enforce the fact that the base game is meant for adult audiences anyway, I guess, but paying lip service to the idea of this server not being 18+ while the rules explicitly make exceptions to allow for violent, graphic and systematic abuse of underage characters is a bit bizarre to me.

I still believe that all characters should be permitted to be minors, but should remain strict on those whom commit actions that violate the "Sexual RP" sections of the rules.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Koko said:

You can make a character that's involved with a gang faction but isn't part of the gang (so the classmate that you mentioned), I don't know why people suddenly have issues with the age limit.

All these replies you're getting about how "people obviously aren't good criminal roleplayers if they can't make a good enough backstory for the years before 18". It's an outrageous claim, we're on the server to roleplay; not to make huge back-stories to avoid the most important parts of our characters development. Gangs recruit before 18, they're the most important years to develop your character into who they will be before you reach 18. It's not a difficult concept, as much as illegals complain about the issues with legal rpers, we never try to push change to ban certain types of characters (other than the obvious erp-centric characters). If you can't roleplay around a minor character correctly, that's your issue. If a minor character can't roleplay correctly, that's their issue. There's systems in place to prevent rulebreaking and improper roleplay; bringing about an age limit is only going to kill off realistic gang portrayals.

Most of the complaints I've seen about underaged characters in gangs have easy solutions (These aren't yours directly Koko, just putting it in);

• 15 year old commits crime, they whine that they can't get arrested because they're a minor - Okay, punish them IC and go through the right protocols, and if that doesn't work? Take it to OOC methods on forums. Do we expect someone who's just committed a crime to not be upset that they got caught?
  • 16 year old's cant have 6 packs/athletic bodies - What? Younger people can work out and go to the gym, under 18's aren't always 5'5'' whiney kids who don't want to touch a fitness bench.
  • Sexually suggestive content based on said underaged character - Blatant rulebreak, report it.
  • Driving cars at the age of 16-17 - This is just silly, the legal driving age in California is 17, with a learners permit at 15. Policing a minor for driving a car is stupid.
  • Not roleplaying their age when being ID'd at a club entrance. - Another blatant rulebreak, report it.
  • Underaged character flirting with older women - It happens, it's up to you as the adult in the situation to ignore it or defuse the situation, if you let it get any further than that then that tells masses about you.
  • Underaged characters roleplaying relationships - Fair enough no one wants to watch a 13 year old character kiss another 13 year old character, but relationships are an integral part of bringing balance to roleplay; especially gang roleplay. It shouldn't be against the rules to roleplay a relationship. The nitty-gritty doesn't need to be described in any form, you should trust people to know better.

Much like every sector of roleplay, there's always some bad eggs that can't portray a character correctly. Why bring about such an extreme rule change because some people can't act right? Teach these people how to portray characters better, rather than punish the entire community for it. If we banned every character type we don't feel comfortable with, there wouldn't be any type of character left to portray other than an average joe. Boring. 

Edited by EffPee
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Koko said:

i whole-heartedly agree with Koko, not only that, this rule is literally metagame: the rule. Why? I can tell your character is a gangbanger if you're under 16.

Edited by Sim
3 minutes ago, Sim said:

i whole-heartedly agree with Koko, not only that, this rule is literally metagame: the rule. Why? I can tell your character is a gangbanger if you're under 16.

That's not the rule metagaming, that's you metagaming.

Just because characters under 18 can't exist outside of gang roleplay, doesn't mean you should treat the city as if there are no children OTHER than gang members. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic