Remove One, Delete One

I'd make the server 18+. We only care about limiting underage sexual rp, but what about violence against minors? or drug abuse in minors? That is totally roleplayed and its a bad thing too. Gang members can be 18 y/o and and it wont be that bad.

I'd remove scam and robbery limits, but allowing any legal purchase to be done by card.

I would make a loan system between players. Where players agree on a fee and it is transfered automatically each paycheck, even being able to put a vehicle or property as guarantee of payment.

• Upvote 2

I'd only remove two things from consideration, as they seem to be a PG-ish...but since I don't RP illegal characters, I'm happy to be corrected on this by people who know better.

1. Disregard the age of young gang members who act like adults - by this I mean that I see a lot of people in the forum reports upset that they were shot, even though they're just kids. If their character acts like an adult, and gets the consequences of that, then they should be treated like an adult and age should be immediately excluded from consideration in the report. I don't know, maybe this is already how it's done?

2. Limiting the people who show up out of nowhere claiming to be member of [x powerful organization] that everyone should be afraid of because of [reasons]. I've seen this a few times now where some brand new character shows up and starts throwing his weight around, gets shot for it, and then runs to the forums upset that his membership of [x powerful organization] didn't provide him with the quivering adulation he assumed it would - then he reports about lack of fear RP.

Maybe people who want to ride the coat-tails of large criminal organizations need to first establish an RP connection and commitment to those groups before engaging in their power fantasies and demanding fear RP from others?

But, like I said earlier, I'm happy to be corrected because I admit I don't know a lot about illegal RP.

Edited by Greyfeather
  • Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Akali said:

I would make punishments a lot more harsher on people who write passive aggressive shit in /me just to be a toxic asshole.

Example:

/me ignores the dumb as fuck Russian in the corner.

That kind of thing should be punishable and not just with an admin wagging their finger at you.

That’s usually a mix of OOC salt in the roleplay lol. I’ve had it happen to me a couple of times though and it could be frustrating and demotivating. Though of course sometimes when you’re in a private setting roleplaying with friends, it’s done for laughs.

5 hours ago, Akali said:

I would make punishments a lot more harsher on people who write passive aggressive shit in /me just to be a toxic asshole.

Example:

/me ignores the dumb as fuck Russian in the corner.

That kind of thing should be punishable and not just with an admin wagging their finger at you.

I believe this is actually already against the rules. If you see this, report it.

On 3/31/2021 at 12:48 AM, EffPee said:

You can make a character that's involved with a gang faction but isn't part of the gang (so the classmate that you mentioned), I don't know why people suddenly have issues with the age limit.

All these replies you're getting about how "people obviously aren't good criminal roleplayers if they can't make a good enough backstory for the years before 18". It's an outrageous claim, we're on the server to roleplay; not to make huge back-stories to avoid the most important parts of our characters development. Gangs recruit before 18, they're the most important years to develop your character into who they will be before you reach 18. It's not a difficult concept, as much as illegals complain about the issues with legal rpers, we never try to push change to ban certain types of characters (other than the obvious erp-centric characters). If you can't roleplay around a minor character correctly, that's your issue. If a minor character can't roleplay correctly, that's their issue. There's systems in place to prevent rulebreaking and improper roleplay; bringing about an age limit is only going to kill off realistic gang portrayals.

Most of the complaints I've seen about underaged characters in gangs have easy solutions (These aren't yours directly Koko, just putting it in);

• 15 year old commits crime, they whine that they can't get arrested because they're a minor - Okay, punish them IC and go through the right protocols, and if that doesn't work? Take it to OOC methods on forums. Do we expect someone who's just committed a crime to not be upset that they got caught?
  • 16 year old's cant have 6 packs/athletic bodies - What? Younger people can work out and go to the gym, under 18's aren't always 5'5'' whiney kids who don't want to touch a fitness bench.
  • Sexually suggestive content based on said underaged character - Blatant rulebreak, report it.
  • Driving cars at the age of 16-17 - This is just silly, the legal driving age in California is 17, with a learners permit at 15. Policing a minor for driving a car is stupid.
  • Not roleplaying their age when being ID'd at a club entrance. - Another blatant rulebreak, report it.
  • Underaged character flirting with older women - It happens, it's up to you as the adult in the situation to ignore it or defuse the situation, if you let it get any further than that then that tells masses about you.
  • Underaged characters roleplaying relationships - Fair enough no one wants to watch a 13 year old character kiss another 13 year old character, but relationships are an integral part of bringing balance to roleplay; especially gang roleplay. It shouldn't be against the rules to roleplay a relationship. The nitty-gritty doesn't need to be described in any form, you should trust people to know better.

Much like every sector of roleplay, there's always some bad eggs that can't portray a character correctly. Why bring about such an extreme rule change because some people can't act right? Teach these people how to portray characters better, rather than punish the entire community for it. If we banned every character type we don't feel comfortable with, there wouldn't be any type of character left to portray other than an average joe. Boring. 

This person here spitting all the facts.

The only thing I’d change is allow anyone to roleplay a character from 12 years old. Simple example: characters children. Some characters have children and some don’t necessarily want to age up 16 years before they can interact with them. I don’t really get why people are so worried about bad portrayal with children, we have a whole team of admins in game and on forums if something needs to be reported.

Also to add to what @EffPee said, adding an age limit of 18 would basically destroy the whole spectrum of gang RP. In most current gangs, the shotcallers themselves are in their twenties.

@Angela Gangbanging starts at a young age, it makes no sense to start banging as an adult. If someone is offended by people portraying abuse or other graphic scenes as a minor, that person needs to just move on and RP on Habbo or some other children game.

I’m a very progressive person and my personal beliefs are definitely not in sync with the type of characters I portray. Don’t pick a real life based roleplay server if you don’t want to see what goes on in real life.

Edited by Barbie
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DigitalSausage said:

Remove the outdoor sex rule. Gta 5 is an 18+ game. If i wanna give a public blowjob it should be applauded, not punished. I could make a fortune!

Delete the number of inactive player run dealerships to allow others to run more active ones

yeah chief

this really aint it

• Wuhtah locked this topic