What do you think is good portrayal of a female character?

Barbie

Truthfully, someone who's roleplay reminds me of people I know outside of the game. The best way to base a females personality in game is to mimic someone's personality you know, be them a friend, family member and such. Good portrayal should be done by the emotional range and characteristics that someone would display. Not haha xd cat eyes, uwu

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Groz said:

Just be original and be creative. Both are sorely lacking unfortunately. 

We get it, you're a quirky little ball of fun that likes committing double homicides in public with your legally obtained pistol. Do something different.

I would actually like to argue the complete opposite. The fact people try to be as creative, original and unique as possible just results in obnoxiously unrealistic and crazy characters because people love to roleplay the extremes for some reason. I would say that the more people roleplay your run of the mill basic female character with a normal every day life it will benefit immersion on the server a lot more.

Edited by Martyn
5 minutes ago, Groz said:

Just be original and be creative. Both are sorely lacking unfortunately. 

We get it, you're a quirky little ball of fun that likes committing double homicides in public with your legally obtained pistol. Do something different.

just don't be a lesbian

Just now, Martyn said:

I would actually like to argue the complete opposite. The fact people try to be as creative, original and unique as possible just results in obnoxiously unrealistic and crazy characters because people love to roleplay the extremes for some reason. I would say that the more people roleplay your run of the mill basic female character with a normal every day life will benefit immersion on the server a lot more.

People being creative doesn't lead to unrealistic characters. Dumb people being uncreative does. I would emphasize for originality and creativity any day over more of the norm, I'd much rather take part in interesting, thoughtful and compelling roleplay than the same standardized roleplay repeatedly.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Groz said:

People being creative doesn't lead to unrealistic characters. Dumb people being uncreative does. I would emphasize for originality and creativity any day over more of the norm, I'd much rather take part in interesting, thoughtful and compelling roleplay than the same standardized roleplay repeatedly.

Facts. People equate being unique on this server with their character being from Europe, being aggressively lesbian and driving around in a Dinka or Sultan classic and then somehow speaking 3 languages. 

Don't get me wrong, there are definitely people like that in LA IRL. It's just IRL, you have 3.9 million other ppl in between. What I just said is easily 1/3, maybe even half of the people RPing females on the server.

• Upvote 2

Stop thinking too much about roleplaying a female and just focus on roleplaying a real person. 

Don't feed into stereotypes too much. Women are usually more emotional but don't go over the top with it. Not every female is crazy.

If you're clueless or stuck it's best to take characteristics from ex-girlfriends, female friends etc... that you know in real life and form your character's personality that way. Just try to make your character believable.

Culture. If you're roleplaying in a gang too try to educate yourself more on how women are treated, it can help shape your character.

You really don't have to oversexualize them so much people... which reminds me, stop using female characters as a way to unleash and live out your ungodly fantasies and desires. There's other games and sites for that. 

• Upvote 2

Coming from someone who has RPed female since 2015, and grew up in a household where I was the only male... and yet again, with a wife and daughter, I can easily say the best points are:

• Emotions.
  • Having feminine characteristics which can be a number of different things.
  • Not treating your character like an avatar.

There's a lot of stuff I seen on this thread, that I would argue against... one being the main thing is that not every woman has a goal, just like a man... a lot of males/females and their characteristics tend to be intertwined. You got feminine females, and manly females which can be described as "tomboys", it all boils down to how the character was formed. But being an existence solely for ERP, is definitely not the way to go.

Edited by bidi bidi bom bom