If the server wasn't set in the present, how would you like it to be?

Angela

What time period would you find enjoyable for roleplay?  

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

80-90s would be fun. I honestly don’t know the exact year phone’s came out. I’d be down for payphones / beepers or maybe those huge block cellphones. It’d be easier to get away with crimes possibly too because things weren’t circulating on the internet.

RP going to your local library for information.

80s/90s would be great, mostly because of the lack of cellphones and other technological sorcery, that would make it so that the whole social aspect has to return to its roots, with people actually needing to go outside to meet up.

Post-apocalyptic is a close second, mostly because it wouldn't be too different from GTAW currently but we'd have cars with spikes and might be able to RP a mutant.

I'd only get behind the 90's or the 80's if the setting wasn't in San Andreas; something with more grime and grit like Liberty City or ideally somewhere more rural with small but subsequently bustling settlements like North Yankton.

An environment where the wealthy intentionally avoids, where a lack of funding means people from all sides of the legal spectrum have to make choices they wouldn't normally make; whether it's an officer driving an older vehicle because he doesn't want to wreck the new one, a business owner cutting corners to make ends meet or a criminal having to decide on whether he makes the trek into town to use a payphone due to a lack of mobile phones being around.

All resources are more expensive & harder to come by from firearms to general goods and even vehicles; forcing people to make do & adapt with what they have which promotes multual co-operation between illegal groups for resources (with potentially deadly repercussions).

Edited by TinPan
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic