Adjust the despawn timer for Vehicles

AVAR

Update 1.16.4 (1.1)

• Unused vehicles after 1 hour will now despawn

Short description: Change 1 hour timer to 2-3 hours or +

Detailed description:

I understand that with increasing user numbers the spawned cars are becoming more of a problem, however i see a problem with the current change.

People who use their cars as drug or weapons stashes now have it super easy/safe. In contrast, the people who crack cars have already a slight chance to find a car with items in it, but now it got even harder for them.

I think the timer should be adjusted to two or three hours at least.

Commands to add:  N/A

Items to add:  N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?  Would bring back more opportunities for car thief's and would stop "abusing" the System for a weapon/drug stash.

Additional information: N/A

Edited by AVAR
  • Applaud 1

I'm gonna copy paste what I said in discord:

I really don't like the 1h disappear thing, chopping cars is gonna feel so bad, map gonna feel empty, and I mean criminal RP'ers will find an issue of finding a targets parked car, because before you could drive around and find it, take photos of location and car, now u got a timer to do it

People can just place weapons in their car and it will disappear in an hour, this has too many negatives for this change to be a positive.

So cars disappearing after 3~4h would be suitable imo, rather than 1h.

4 minutes ago, Jax said:

I'm gonna copy paste what I said in discord:

I really don't like the 1h disappear thing, chopping cars is gonna feel so bad, map gonna feel empty, and I mean criminal RP'ers will find an issue of finding a targets parked car, because before you could drive around and find it, take photos of location and car, now u got a timer to do it

People can just place weapons in their car and it will disappear in an hour, this has too many negatives for this change to be a positive.

So cars disappearing after 3~4h would be suitable imo, rather than 1h.

+1

One hour is far far to short. The idea of it being connected to a timer of if the vehicle owning player has logged out or not in a certain amount of time is a decent idea, however doesn't quite work for business vehicles, such as taxis, or hang tens vehicles, vehicles that might need to stay spawned in and readily available for LEGAL RP.

Completely agree - it's already hard enough to roleplay chopping cars when we use this system of only specific cars that every single day includes 3-4 faction vehicles we can't steal, and a number of cars that nobody ever buys.   

If people's cars start vanishing after an hour, chop shop's are gonna die on their arse and the only people breaking into cars are going to be those trying to find guns and drugs, which is realistically, most of the people who are getting ajailed for going on ridiculous sprees of breaking into a ton of cars with no roleplay.

14 minutes ago, Cindy said:

One hour is far far to short. The idea of it being connected to a timer of if the vehicle owning player has logged out or not in a certain amount of time is a decent idea, however doesn't quite work for business vehicles, such as taxis, or hang tens vehicles, vehicles that might need to stay spawned in and readily available for LEGAL RP.

So it could be a mix of both. Despawn private vehicles whose owners logged off at least 1 hour prior.

Get rid of it entirely, this is a very bad addition that could have a massive impact on the server. 

Majority of clubs and so on are open for two to three hours a night, if everybodies car has despawned it’s just going to be super weird. On top of that, criminal roleplayers trying to break into cars are going to have a much harder time and the streets will feel a lot emptier.

If it’s in place to tackle people’s cars being left in the road after they crash and don’t return for an hour, I think this could be done differently, maybe through an IC impound yard

I can’t see any pros to adding this aside from maybe a slight boost to FPS. 

• nateX locked this topic