ROE Q/A

Bospy

9 hours ago, Stiggz said:

I have never once seen improper escalation being enforced as a rule on this server, and have been a victim and seen it happen several hundred times.

and I've seen it enforced 100% of the times I've been a victim of improper escalation.   I guess it depends on what you class as improper escalation.

10 hours ago, Stiggz said:

I have never once seen improper escalation being enforced as a rule on this server, and have been a victim and seen it happen several hundred times.

IFM is not an all seeing eye, it's impossible with the amount of illegal factions and roleplayers there are for us to be caught up and know the fine details of every conflict everyone is in. I can assure you though, if you properly report any poor escalation and it's found to be true, rulings will be enforced. The issue however is a lot of times players simply do not wish to report such things and instead would rather conduct the same actions back after being victims to it.

5 hours ago, sh4dw said:

Will factions be forced to justify their allegiances? For example, faction A is allied with faction B, however, there's no evidence of that on an IC basis. Will the admin team actively seek to crack down on OOC allegiances?

Simple answer is yes.

Good, I have a follow-up question.

As stated in the CK War Rules, only active characters, with a minimum of 7 hours of weekly gametime, shall take part in a war. Will this rule still be applied in these new Rules of Engagement? And if so, in case a faction leader is proven to be inactive, would it disqualify his faction from the war?

If a player who has been Conflict PK'd re-involves themselves in an attack and is successful in Conflict PKing opponents, this will result in IFM selecting a random faction member from the player's faction to be PK'd as a consequence OR the forfeiture of assets OR war objectives.

I personally think this should be removed or rewritten and just fall under anyone who re-involves themselves regardless. The way this is written leaves a hole where someone can re-involve themselves, go and shoot, beat up or interact with someone in the war but then come back to this rule and say I wasn't successful in Conflict PKing them. That line alone voids the punishment dealt out to a faction as a whole.

As for the cooldown would it be possible to have a "heat of the moment" retaliation added?

Faction A attacks Faction B - Faction B instantly retaliates (Within 30mins-1hr)

Faction B attacks Faction A 4 hours later - Faction A instantly retaliates

Both factions still have their 12hour or what ever length agreed cooldown started from their original attack but it gives the chance of high risk & high reward and potentially moving wars along smoother and faster. It will also remove the awkward scenario where one faction attacks then half way through their cooldown the other faction attacks them back and they're left going well we can't do anything for the next 6 hours and the other faction is aware of it.

Edited by Rascal Doporto
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • khadijeh. unpinned and locked this topic